Scan not untill 13+6..

kariss

Reaction score
I have my first Nhs scan booked for the 7th of August..I'll be 13+6. I know these dates as i paid for an early scan and was told then (and not far from my original dates). They did try to book me in earlier but I had to cancel my original appointment due to work!

I just can't wait to see baby now!! Lol

Anyway I was just wondering I know it is possible in certain cases to determine the babys sex at this point however not 100% accurate, I've heard it's easier to determine a boy at this point for obvious reasons.

Anyway I want to ask if they could make a guess, or even give us a shot of down there so we could guess? Does anyone have any experience? Would they do this? Would I even be able to tell? would they just say no?

Thanks

I had my NHS scan at 14+2, it was the last possible day to take the nt measurement and she was sitting awkwardly so whilst we waited for her to get into position the sonographer looked all over her an showed us her legs, I saw the cord and thought it was a willy and asked her, she then asked me if I wanted her to take a peek for any bits but it would just be a guess/for fun. She got a great potty shot and told me that she "couldn't see a penis" but wouldn't tell me that it was a girl either. We were confirmed team pink at later scans.

It completly depends on your tech/doctor doing the ultrasound, some risk it, some don't. My doc risked it at 12 weeks, just said "75% sure" so I wouldn't go crazy and buy everything in blue/pink haha. Either way, you could probably ask for a potty shot and ask the internet later what they think, just for fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->