Scan on friday - worried!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by callmepoppy, Aug 19, 2009.

1. callmepoppy

callmepoppy Guest

I have my dating scan on friday to get a more exact due date. I am terrified incase somethings wrong :l

can anyone tell me exactly what happens at a dating scan? so nervous... :cry:

2. bekkie

bekkie Mommy Due Sept 20

don't be nervous :hugs:

I'm no help because I've never had one lol - but good luck!!! everything will be fine :D

3. callmepoppy

callmepoppy Guest

Thanks! i listen to baby's heartbeat almost everyday so i think im just worrying over nothing... typical! lol

x

4. purpledaisy2

purpledaisy2 Mummy to a gorgeous boy

Dont worry hun I'm sure everything will be fine.

They dont do alot to be fair, just make sure all arms & legs are present, theres a h/b & take a few measurements

x

5. Mrs Dot

Mrs Dot Mummy to Harry

Don't worry hun it'll be fine. Make sure you drink tons of fluid before you go and this will get you a clearer pic hopefully. They just check the crown-rump length and that the heartbeat is pumping away! it's so lovely just enjoy it and try not to worry! we have our 20 wk scan on fri! let us know how you get on x

6. QTPie

QTPie Well-Known Member

Ah, then you know that things are going to be ok :hugs:

(My first scan was at 7.5 weeks - too early to use a doppler - so I certainly "held my breath" when they started the scan.... I got a doppler and picked up the heartbeat before 11 weeks and that has given me a lot of reassurance since :cloud9: ).

You know that you baby is there and heart is beating away :happydance:. So (try to) put the nerves aside and look forward to meeting your baby with excitment - it is an AMAZING experience :cloud9:

Hope that you have a fantastic scan :hugs:

QT

7. MiissDior

MiissDior Mommy of 3(1 in heaven)

best of luck
    at my 12wk dating scan
    i had history taken and bloods done and scan
    xx

8. Mariposa

Mariposa Pregnant - 3rd Trimester

You'll be fine Hun. I had length of baby measured, nuchal screening(neck measurement) and then I had my bloods taken.

I know its easy to worry.....I am ALWAYS worrying. Even more so now I'm further along.

9. callmepoppy

callmepoppy Guest

well its at quarter to two tmorrow so i will let yous know how i get on and maybe get my pic up (if all goes well :S)

xx

10. hancake100

hancake100 Mummy to a princess x

I think everyone worries before every scan hun, Im sure everything will be fine!
    Good luck :dust: xxx

11. Jchihuahua

Jchihuahua Mummy to 3

I was so worried I couldn't sleep before both of my scans. The dating scan was pretty quick. The sonographer just checked there was only one baby in there, did some measurements and showed me the heartbeat. The worst bit was having such a full bladder, it was soooo uncomfortable I felt like I'd wet myself but worth it to get a clear picture. Good luck with it :).