Scan pictures :D gender guess?

jools21

Reaction score
The pictures are not very clear because as the sonographer so kindly plastered all over my notes "you are above average weight hindering the clarity of the picture" :(

These pictures show no indication of sex but thought it would be fun to guess, I am convinced I am having a boy

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 27
i guess skull boy. Sometimes it should be best for the person doing the scan to shut their mouths. If she/he couldn't get a clear pic why did they not do a viginal scan?

I think they stop doing vaginal scans at 12 weeks because of the size of the baby....

Regardless though that's no excuse to be so rude. I'm more than above average for overweight and my 12 week scan pics are normally very good. It's also about the equipment they are using. Crappy equipment equals crappy pictures and they are harder to see when overweight.

However I saw my baby and heard it's heartbeat during my 6 week 3 day scan because the equipment was so good!!!! Thankfully even if I mention my weight being an issue with the scans the girls doing it normally tell me that it's really not an issue for them!!!

I hope someone else does your dating scans for you. This girl sounds like she could use a lesson or two in being tactful!

I suck at nub and skull theory so no guesses here....I just wanted to complain that your sonographer was so rude to you!!!!!

They say a mother's gut instinct is usually right. As far as guessing goes, based on the skull looking flat and the chin coming to a point, i would say girl.

Sorry you had a bad experience during your scan...Just a guess, but I think GIRL!!!

I was convinced boy! I am happy either way I just want to know haha
The sonographer was a man, he did do it vaginally in the end but I was just upset that he wrote it all over my notes as I was planning on keeping those as a keepsake for bubba and now it has that in it! I am already very sensitive about my weight as previous to falling pregnant I had lost 8 stone and now it is PILING back on :(

Ugh! You are much better than I. I wouldn't even have let them let a man do my vaginal scan! I had a man for my gyno when I was a teenager and he was so rude to me that I haven't seen another man for "lady" things since!!!!

I totally understand on the weight too....although I'm from US and have no idea what stones equal. I lost 50 lbs before this pregnancy and it's jumping right back on!!!!

well done for ur loss of 8 stone :) try not to worry about what they said just remember how well u have done :) im going say boy im over weight also and i lost 7 stone my self they best not say anything to me i think my oh might kick off

Lovely scan! Go with your gut feeling... Mine was right with my son who is 21 months :)

beautiful pics, sorry you had an experience like that, im over my average weight and i would flip if someone said that to me. Some people are so insensitive. Please dont worry about your weight too much, your going to be a mummy and a beautiful one. We can get rid of the weight afterwards. x

I was really upset, mainly because I had previously said to OH that I was worried that it would happen. There was no need to write about my weight on there, he could have just written that the picture was unclear. I have to go back to him in 2 weeks for the nuchal test and I am dreading it, so I'm taking my mum for back up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->