Scan put me 1 week behind, should I be concerned?

xCookieDoughx

Mummy of 4
Reaction score
I had a private scan on Saturday to put my mind at ease before Christmas etc.

I was 8w2d by LMP but he measured me at 7w2d.

Heartbeat was 154bpm - what a lovely sight and sound!

I have irregular periods anyway! Rarely are they even close to 28 days, more like 35+. My LMP was 23rd October. We only DTD twice - 7th & 11th Nov. No idea when I O'd as we were NTNP.

I got my BFP at what I thought was 4w3d but suppose 3w3d is possible? It was a very faint positive and didn't get darker than control line until what would have been 4w 0d by scan dates.

I was put back 10 days with my son but my LMP with him was a MC so I didn't really know anyway.

So basically should I be concerned about it or is it possible for everything to be okay?

What did the doc say? Being off by a week could be totally normal until 12 weeks. The baby is so tiny that the measurements might not be that accurate. Great heartbeat, doesn't look like you should be concerned at all! The best sound in the world, isn't it? :xmas12:

My first scan, I should have measured 8 weeks, but the doctor said I measured about 7 weeks, if not slightly before. I was worried sick, especially because I knew my dates were accurate. I was just convinced! When I went back four weeks later, my doctor said I should be about 10-11 weeks, but I still wasn't convinced. I basically begged her to do an ultrasound to make sure, and she did. I measured 12 weeks, exactly in line with with my original dates predicted. So, don't be alarmed! You may have ovulated or implanted late or, like me, your body may catch up. :)

Was it an abdominal scan or transvaginal? I had a abdominal scan which they don't normally do so early and I was off by a week which I know is wrong because my cycles have been textbook 30 days. It's very common for abdominal early scan to be off. Then again if your cycle is irregular it's also very possible you ovulated later. Either way once u see a good hb it should be just fine. Xx

I had a private scan on Saturday to put my mind at ease before Christmas etc.

I was 8w2d by LMP but he measured me at 7w2d.

Heartbeat was 154bpm - what a lovely sight and sound!

I have irregular periods anyway! Rarely are they even close to 28 days, more like 35+. My LMP was 23rd October. We only DTD twice - 7th & 11th Nov. No idea when I O'd as we were NTNP.

I got my BFP at what I thought was 4w3d but suppose 3w3d is possible? It was a very faint positive and didn't get darker than control line until what would have been 4w 0d by scan dates.

I was put back 10 days with my son but my LMP with him was a MC so I didn't really know anyway.

So basically should I be concerned about it or is it possible for everything to be okay?

I wouldn't be worried esp if baby looked good and had a healthy heart beat

Also if I dated my pregnancy by LMP I would be 8 weeks today but I know I OV late as my cycles have been very long lately so I am actually 7 weeks 4 days so if I had a scan I would measure behind

also on my 4th baby I went for a scan at what I thought was 7 weeks and a few days and baby measured 6 weeks 4 days I was worried sick but next scan she grew and she is now 6 years old :)

If I go by my LMP I'd be 7 days MORE than what I currently am. I do not ovulate until day 21 of my cycle. The average is 14 so that's 7 days out easily. Then it depends on when one implants. I have found out early on all of my pregnancies both successful and not. With my daughter I found out at 7 dpo with this one at 8 dpo. The rest were between 9 and 11 DPO.

I wouldn't worry at all since everything looks good. If you have irregular periods you can easily have a later ovulation. Good luck and have a happy and healthy 9 months.

Don't be worried at all especially if the hb was phenomenal like that! I have wonky cycles as well. Had no idea when I ovulated or anything. Based on my scan I got my first bfp at 3+3 (10dpo) and it was super faint. I was put a week behind with my daughter as well and she's a crazy 2 year old now haha

Thanks ladies :) it was an abdominal scan so I guess it could be out a little bit. I just have to wait for my nhs 12 week one now on the 21st jan! Seems so far away!!! But can't afford another private scan :(

Patience isn't one of my strong suits! Lol!

Don't worry honesty :) I was put back 18 days with dd2 !! I'm sure they got it wrong tho :)for me as that was quite a lot! Have 42 day cycles

My first scan put me behind 9 days with my daughter; went from May 14th to May 22nd for due date. She didn't arrive until May 29th, and that was after they forced her out! I had an easy pregnancy and a perfectly healthy baby. I wouldn't be concerned if your medical provider isn't. :hugs:

I was also not sure of when I O'd, and I also have longer cycles like you do. And my baby is also measuring a week (6 days) behind where I figured it would be based on when we DTD. I'm not worried, though. I guess I just O'd a few days after we DTD. That, and both my sons also measure 1-2 days behind at their first scans (and I new the EXACT day I O'd with both of them).

Don't worry! I'm sure baby is fine in there. But I do know it's disappointing to find out you have an "extra" week to wait to meet your baby!

Don't worry. I was put back a week at my first scan. Baby caught up by my 18 week scan. Heart beat has been between 150-167 each time heard and baby is very active. =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->