scan question for irish ladies pls!!

Can they REALLY refuse a second scan if you ask for one?!!?

mullingar did, i went there for first visit this time and they refused to monitor me closer this time so i changed hospital!

That is rediclious!

I'm in Drogheda and the nearest hospital to me then is Dublin. So I pretty much don't have a choice. But I didn't think they could refuse to monitor you closely if you requested it. They are a complete joke. There should be a set procedure across the country not from hospital to hospital...

I really wish i had of forked out for private care.

Combined care my arse! My poor old GP is rubbish!!

He can't even use a doppler! Really don't understand why we don't get a midwife like our british neighbours??

Hiya im attending the Coombe , I got a scan at 12 weeks and then my big scan at 22 weeks and thats all i get unless there is a problem. Although I have been to the consultant at 17 weeks and she gave me one there. I find them great if you have a problem which i did at one stage (bleeding) they will scan you no problem to put you're mind at ease. My next visit is the 14th Dec and im pretty sure the consultant will scan me again any girls i no have said they do anytime they have their visits.

That is rediclious!

I'm in Drogheda and the nearest hospital to me then is Dublin. So I pretty much don't have a choice. But I didn't think they could refuse to monitor you closely if you requested it. They are a complete joke. There should be a set procedure across the country not from hospital to hospital...

i actually live in dublin but always used mullingar for my first 3, only one scan each, asked to be closly monitored during 3rd pregnancy due to having elehers danlos - and having preterm labours on all and they just said cross that bridge when we come to it. i genuinly can not fault the aftercare and labour process there tho but the care during pregnancy is terrible. this time i went back there i had sadly lost my son who was born in feb to sids and asked at my first appiontment to be monitored closer than before and for a monitor for my new baby when born, they said no so i moved to the coombe, where i see a medical team all the time, get the monitor and scanned monthly!! i rang to question mullingar and there reply was that they were not an exclussive maternity hospital and that they couldnt budget for this as they had a general hospital and ER! i do understand that but wouldnt imagine that if they have the scanning machines already that a scan would cost the hse anymore!!

thankfully i am settled in the coombe now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->