Scan question?

elle13

Reaction score
Just curious...I know doctors typically don't do scans unless medically warranted, but how many of you had an ultrasound after 20 weeks (if you are having a healthy pregnancy)? I know if there are issues then they are performed more frequently. So far I had a dating scan at 10 weeks, a t/v 4D ultrasound at 13 weeks, a 4D anatomy scan at 20 weeks. I'm 29 weeks now and wondering what I have ahead of me!

i have had a growth scan at 28 weeks due to havng small babies previously. Having another scan tommoro at 34+1 and another at 36 weeks. I am measuring small for this one aswell.

My docs weren't going to do anymore but because I had had some issues early in pregnancy, I talked them into one. Most docs won't do anymore, but if you have any concerns at all (movement, growth/weight gain, pains, etc.) they probably won't hesitate to send you for one.

I had a bunch early on so it's making me a little paranoid that baby girl is ok in there, since I can't see her anymore!!

Ppl have scans if the mw has some concern, otherwise in the uk its often done at 20 weeks and maybe at dating scan.

xx

My uterus was measuring 3 wks + so they arranged a scan and confirmed that the LO was 3wks+ in his growth and I had excess amniotic fluid - after 2nd scan they diagnosed me as having polyhyrdraminos so I get scanned every 2wks now.

This only became an issue when I reached 31wks. Baby is completely fine (he's loving having so much fluid to play in he refused to engage!) - but it means I may need an induced labour/c=section instead

I had one at 28 weeks as I signed up for a research study and get another at 36 weeks too. In fact, I will now get two at 36 weeks as I will have the research study one and an NHS one as my placenta was very low at the 20 and 28 weeks scans. Both my 36 week scans are at the same hospital within days of each other - but the research study scan can't be used for NHS purposes!! :wacko:

xxxx

Thanks for the feedback, ladies! I hope I get another one...selfishly :) LOL I just want to see baby again!

I have had loads (12 wks, 20wks x2, 25 wks, 30 wks, 32 wks and 36 wks - both growth scans) but this has bee due to complications. The usual is 12 and 20 wks unless there's problems xx

I had my dating scan at 12 weeks then anomoly scan at 20 weeks both routine but then due to reduced movements I had 2 growth scans which were mainly for docs to visually see baby moving and that she is OK etc i had one at 34 weeks and one at 36 weeks x

I had one at 8 weeks to make sure I was actually pregnant with a baby (previous problem) and one done at 22 weeks to make sure the baby was growing and everything was ok (and we could have found out the sex but we stayed on team yellow). :)

I was told at my first midwife appt that i would have to have extra scans nearer the end because my BMI was one under the guidelines. So i had the usual ones @ 12 and 20 weeks, and then i had an extra growth scan at 28 weeks which picked up his swollen kidneys and bladder which were fine at the 20 week scan. So since then i've had another one at 29 weeks, and due another this fri when i'll be 31 weeks to check up on his bladder. Then if all is ok, i'll just be due one more growth scan @ 34 or 36 weeks. But if his bladder is still enlarged i may get even more scans.

I love having all the extra opportunities to see my lil man, and i'm lucky that i was under the BMI to have got the extra scan so they noticed something was wrong. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->