Scan showing baby weighing approx. 5lb 14oz already!!!!

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
I was told this was very big for where I am at and that they are sending me for another growth scan in 2 weeks!! Anyone else had this?

I was originally scanned for low lying placenta and they done a full growth scan while I was in.

I am so worried now I will be unable to deliver baby. I am relatively slim and quite small. will this be a problem?

I am not sure hun, I'm sure options for delivery will be dicussed with you if baby gets too big :hugs:

I had a scan at 32 weeks and baby measured 5lbs 13 oz! Had another scan at 34 weeks and he measures 6lb 8 oz. I was originally having scans to check the babies kidneys as they were enlarged. Big baby boys run in my family, and as I don't have GD I assume he is just following in the family!

They don't seem worried about his large size :) But then I am quite tall.

I am sure if they keep monitoring you they will see if he seems too large to be delivered naturally. If that is the case they would hopefully offer you a C-Section

They may induce you early say 37-38 weeks so baby will be slightly smaller then . Talk to your mw if your worried xx

when i was 32 weeks my baby measured around the same and ive been quite worried about it, but for me they havnt done anything for me as they think i will beable to cope (i dont! lol!) now they are saying roughly she weighs 8lbs 6oz, but it can be as much as 2lbs off so thats why they wont do anything for me! its quite scary! but im sure if u talk to your midwfife im sure she will exaplin birth options and things!xxx

Hey hun,

I was told that i was having a big baby and that i shouldnt take the tags off my newborn clothes. ALex was 7lbs 7oz,
Keep in mind that theses are just approx measurments and if worried chat to mw or doc.

Remember this is just an estimate.

I do remember folk given estimates and them being about 2-3 lbs out!!

Try not to worry!

well mine was apparently 5lb2oz at 31 weeks, he hasnt been checked since as that was within "normal" parameters (ie he was expected to be under 10lbs at birth) as at one point he was measuring 7 weeks ahead of dates...but who knows really how accurate these scans are??!! They have been WAY out on a large number of peoples scans (both ways) so I wouldnt worry about it.
I turned down an induction that had been booked for 22nd December (not due to his size but due to other problems) and noone has mentioned a section other than one Dr and that was at around 28 weeks when he was measuring circa 33/34 weeks gestation.

In my experience they do level out a little and a massive measurement at 28-32 weeks seems to really come back as you progress. Seems some babies have growth spurts at different times and a bigger baby at 32 weeks doesnt mean a huge baby at birth.

at 32wks I was measuring about 5lbs8ozs, at 34wks, 6lb1oz,
as has been said, the have growth spurts at different times and more often then not they average out prior to birth rather then continuing on and coming out huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->