Scan showing Heartbeat 6+2 but how much hcg would that equals?

S

Serenjay

Hi all

I don't have my bloods taken, but I had a lovely scan this morning and we saw the baby and a beating heart.. how high would my count be to see the heartbeat?

Its above 1500 as that is the minimum levels to see something on a scan. But we cant tell you your exact levels as that is only told by blood test.

Actually i could be wrong on the minimum, but your hcg levels would be way up there at this point. But like i said we cant tell you specifics.

I think the range for heartbeats is around 10,000 (maybe a little below), but that's a textbook number. Each pregnancy/baby is different. I think I've read on here where someone had lower hcg 7,000 - 9,000? So I don't think it's necessarily set in stone that you'll absolutely see a heartbeat by a certain level (mine were over 18,000 and we didn't see one for another 10 days).

I also read that hcg doesn't matter as much after a scan. Not that it doesn't matter, but the numbers will tell you a lot less than a scan will.

The only way to know your levels is a beta :)

I agree! Levels can vary massively. Even a rough estimate could be thousands out. Betas are normally just a way to check on things without having a scan. But if all is well on the scan I wouldn't worry at all about your numbers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"