Scan today now very confused!!!!!

dora78

Reaction score
hi all
i went for my first scan today and was supposed to be 11+6 by my dates but was expecting them to change it a bit but when she saw the baby she asked how far i think i was then she told me i was only 7+5,

i told her i cant be as i wouldnt of been pregnant when i did pregnancy test, i had 6 bfp but some were only faint,

she told me i would of conceived around 5th nov but at that time i allready got my bfp,
i asked if the baby had stopped growing and she said baby had heartbeat and looks the right sort of shape and didnt seam really bothered and said i would be rescanned in 5 weeks,

i left there sobbing at instantly thought something was wrong so i rang the midwife up and told her what happened and she said we got to go by the scan date and said i could of been pregnant then lost the baby then fell straight away, but i had a little blood when i was a a week late and doctor said it was nothing to worry about and i thought it was implantation bleeding,

i have booked a private scan for next tue to put my mind at rest and to make sure the baby is growing,

i have been going out of my mind today with worry x x:cry:

I am so sorry you are going through this. I have no answers but just wanted you to know I am thinking of you. Praying everything works out and you get some answers at you scan next week. xoxo

Sorry to hear this hun. :(
I hope everything goes okay for you.
It could just be that you concieved later than you thought :)!
If bubs has a heartbeat thats a really good sign! xx

i have had the exact happen yesterday hun.... but its impossible i would have not been pregnant when i tested it BS im booked for another on the 13th jan but only cause i rangtoday they was going to make me wait till 20th jan.... i no only a week later but i needed it sooner for peace of mind i think my bubz was in an awkward position which made measuring difficlt the silly sonograph said to me she could be certain on a internal scan but wouldnt do one just left me till next scan gggggrrr

I am sure one way or another, like the other ladies said...you have a heartbeat at a good stage, so that is definately something to be happy about!! Although it would be totally sad if you did loose one and get pg straight away, either way, I hope you get the news you need at your next scan!!! (((HUGS)))

i have had the exact happen yesterday hun.... but its impossible i would have not been pregnant when i tested it BS im booked for another on the 13th jan but only cause i rangtoday they was going to make me wait till 20th jan.... i no only a week later but i needed it sooner for peace of mind i think my bubz was in an awkward position which made measuring difficlt the silly sonograph said to me she could be certain on a internal scan but wouldnt do one just left me till next scan gggggrrr

i got my bfp on the 31st of oct but they rekon i didnt concieve till 5th nov, so 6 of my tests must be wrong or i was preg then lost,
imso worried if the baby isnt growing and cant stop thinking about it,
glad you got your scan a week sooner,

i was thinking the same bubz isnt growing my oh said could you have lost one and got preg straight away..... but i havent had a period for 9 weeks so no how did i lose one

try not to worry i think our bubz are in funny positions and they couldnt measure for sure

at least you have a scan soon... do you mind me asking how much it cost??

I am sure one way or another, like the other ladies said...you have a heartbeat at a good stage, so that is definately something to be happy about!! Although it would be totally sad if you did loose one and get pg straight away, either way, I hope you get the news you need at your next scan!!! (((HUGS)))

thanks hun x

i was thinking the same bubz isnt growing my oh said could you have lost one and got preg straight away..... but i havent had a period for 9 weeks so no how did i lose one

try not to worry i think our bubz are in funny positions and they couldnt measure for sure

my partner thinks the same, i did have spotting when i was a week late but only a little so think that might of been it,

the scan was £99 but will be worth evry penny x

my partner thinks the same, i did have spotting when i was a week late but only a little so think that might of been it,

the scan was £99 but will be worth evry penny x

yeh defo worth every penny unfortunately out of my range right now with xmas.... so looks like i will have to wait till the 3th jan..... but im not changing my ticker because i no they are wrong. let us no how you get on hun xxxxxxxxx:hugs:

yeh defo worth every penny unfortunately out of my range right now with xmas.... so looks like i will have to wait till the 3th jan..... but im not changing my ticker because i no they are wrong. let us no how you get on hun xxxxxxxxx:hugs:[/QUOTE]

i cant really afford it but i want a second opinion with my date, the sonographer didnt seem to bothered about me being put back 4 weeks and a day but i think she was a jobs worth!!

ill leave my ticker till next week and see what date they give me then ill change it,

Awww how worrying :( hope everything is ok with your next scan and they sort your dates out. How frustrating though to have to pay for the second opinon :( :hugs: x

Awww how worrying :( hope everything is ok in 5 weeks and that the time goes quickly :hugs: x

thank you,

i have booked a private scan for next tuesday because i cant wait that lond, i need to put my mind at rest

x x x

Awww how worrying :( hope everything is ok in 5 weeks and that the time goes quickly :hugs: x

thank you,

i have booked a private scan for next tuesday because i cant wait that long i need to put my mind at rest

x x x

hey hun hope you dont mind me popping over from ttc when i was pg with my ds i went for my 12 week scan only to be told i was 9 weeks at the time i just believed her and thought wow i really have got my dates mixed up i wasnt 100% on my dates as he wasnt planned, so had to go back when i was 13 weeks turned out that i was just over 14 weeks when i went for my 20 week scan turns out i was 21 weeks so i was almost right all along perhaps the baby is a little bit small but will prob have a growth spurt and soon catch up to your dates! Hope your scan goes ok xx

Honey I wouldn't worry about it (easier said than done), early scans just aren't that accurate.
I know of a lady that had IVF so the conception date is 100% accurate and they still told her was like 7wks instead of 9wks:dohh: but then at her 12wks scan they said she was 14wks:dohh: so she gained her 2wks back.

Try not to stress, it is also possible that you did loss and fall pregnant straight away, either way honey it will work out.

Good luck with your scan :hugs:

i think when baby is more than 10 weeks, there a chance sonographer might made mistake in measurement of CRL... it depends on the baby's condition... wait till next scan... sonographer will start measure BPD, HC & FL (Head, abdomen and Femur length), so will get a better measurement.. for my last pregnancy, i have that detailed measurement when i was 13 wk preg... as long as the baby is fine, nothing to worry....

thanks for all your support, and ill keep you updated
thanks tracy x x

Yeah I think we forget that just because that is the measure they use to determine age it doesn't mean it necessarily fits all pregnancies. Growth spurts occur earlier or later and there is no sure-fast rule for that (even though they would have you believe differently). Like PP said you often make up that time at later scans. They probably are wrong, and either a) measured wrong (may be their fault or not) b) baby hits its milestones a little later at this stage but catches up between scans.
Each pregnancy is different and unique. Growth occurs at their schedule NOT OURS lol! Try not to worry! I hope the scan next week gets you the reassurance you need!

Yeah I think we forget that just because that is the measure they use to determine age it doesn't mean it necessarily fits all pregnancies. Growth spurts occur earlier or later and there is no sure-fast rule for that (even though they would have you believe differently). Like PP said you often make up that time at later scans. They probably are wrong, and either a) measured wrong (may be their fault or not) b) baby hits its milestones a little later at this stage but catches up between scans.
Each pregnancy is different and unique. Growth occurs at their schedule NOT OURS lol! Try not to worry! I hope the scan next week gets you the reassurance you need!

thanks hun, x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->