Scan tomorrow

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by littlekitten8, Apr 19, 2009.

1. littlekitten8

littlekitten8 Mummy of 1

Have another scan tomorrow at 14 weeks. Looking forward to seeing the baby again but nervous cos I feel really well and just dreading going in and finding the baby has no heartbeat. Silly I know but I can't help it. Also a little nervous cos tomorrow I am officially being discharged from consultant care into midwife care. Which means no fortnightly scans anymore. Plus I didn't really get on with my community midwife at my booking appointment. See her at 16 weeks and then if she is still the same then I will be requesting to be transferred to a different midwife.

2. lucilou

lucilou Cooking again!

I really hope it goes ok tomorrow, hon.... it must be difficult to get used to not having regular scans, but surely that means everything must be ok?

I have only had the one scan so far, and plan to have one more at 20(ish) weeks and it is difficult not to worry about things going wrong in between, but you just have to get on with it - I got my bfp at 5 weeks and my scan wasn't til 13.5 weeks - the waiting was agony but it came around eventually and everything was fine.

Try to think positive - them needing to monitor you less frequently must be a good sign.

As for not getting on with your midwife, I can't really comment as I haven't actually met mine yet! I've had a booking appointment around 11 weeks but she was off sick so someone else was covering for her. To be honest I'm not too bothered what the MW is like. She can be as miserable as she likes she isn't going to make me feel any less delighted about being pregnant!

3. PrincessSoph

PrincessSoph Well-Known Member

good luck tomorrow hun. let us know how it goes x

4. sam76

sam76 Mummy to George & Louie

goodluck xxxx you will be fine xxxxxxxxxxxx

5. cs22

cs22 Mum and ttc# 2

Good luck at youre scan tomorrow xxx

6. honey08

honey08 mum2two boys/2mc

sure u be fine hun, every scan ive been to ive been so worried there guna tell me somat, even when ive listerned to his HB and felt him kicking all morning still get nervous :?
    share ur pics, av a great time xx

7. lolababe

lolababe Well-Known Member

good luck

8. KKSARAH

KKSARAH Mummy to two Princesses

Good Luck Hun:hugs:

:hug:

9. firegal

firegal Well-Known Member

Good luck tomorrow hun x

10. staceymy

staceymy Mummy To Two Princesses

Goo luck! Cant wait to hear how it went.

11. littlekitten8

littlekitten8 Mummy of 1

Hehe thanks for all the well wishes girls. Well Titch is already a cheeky little bugger. Aparantly he/she didnt want to be seen. We got about 30 seconds of looking at him/her and then he/she rolled all the way over lol :rofl:. Very active so maybe this is why I've been able to feel little flutters already. Have been discharged from the high risk team :happydance: so now have my midwife appointment in 2 weeks, followed by my anomoly scan on 3rd June and then an appointment with a normal obstetric consultant on 10th June (21+2). Will upload the pics onto the computer in a bit and will post them.

12. SJK

SJK Well-Known Member

glad all went well x