Scan tomorrow

crazycatlady5

Reaction score
I have my dating scan tomorrow! So excited but also nervous!

I'm 6 weeks according to date dr tentatively gave me, but I think I ovulated feb 20 so maybe not quite that long. Dr wants me to go for dating scan early though as last af was only two days.

I'm worried I won't hear heartbeat if I'm less than 6 weeks, and I keep seeing girls on here nervous about not seeing heartbeat...

Good luck for tomorrow :D

If you are before 6 weeks, you may not see the heartbeat but that's perfectly normal at an early stage and so I just tried to prepare myself for that possibility when I went and told myself that if I didn't see it, I shouldn't freak straight away.

Hope you do get to see it though xx

Thanks Tink,

When did you go for your first scan?

I just needed to hear that reassurance, I knew that logically but needed to hear that with seeing others worry!

As Tink says if you are between 5 & 7 weeks you may not see the heartbeat but that is perfectly normal.
I had an early scan at 6+3 and was dated 6+1 and luckily saw the heartbeat.
My friend had a scan at 5'ish weeks and didn't see much but 2 weeks later saw baby and heartbeat.
Wishing you the best of luck today!

They couldn't see anything :( so disappointing.

I had a positive opk feb 19 so I'm probably just not quite six weeks, they said probably more like between 4 and 5, and that there's probably nothing to worry about and it's just too early.

Still sad though :(

Sorry you didn't see anything.

It's understandable that you are sad, even if you know it is likely just too early. I can imagine it would have been very reassuring to have seen something. *Hugs*

Are you going back in a couple of weeks?Xx

I have my maternity apt at the end of the month, my friend said they did the hand held scan there so maybe they'll do one for me.

Did they see a gestational sac, or literally no indicator to pregnancy? x

From what I understand they saw nothing....

But they kind of had me in and out and didn't discuss it much.

I am feeling a bit better today. It was an abdominal scan and from what I hear at such an early stage a vaginal scan would've seen more. Also "felt" more pregnant today - had an ocular migraine. Which sucks, but pretty sure I get them from hormones which makes sense that I'd get them from pregnancy. I used to get them back when I was on bcp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->