Scan Tuesday and terrified

DannaD

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm a huge stalker of this foum but rarely post because I still feel like a fraud, like there's no way I'm actually pregnant.
I have few symptoms and this is my first pregnancy and I was expecting to just "feel it" more you know? Tuesday is my first appointment, they should try to listen to the heartbeat. I'm just praying and praying that I can hear it and start believing I'll have a baby next January.

I guess I just posted to write how I'm feeling and hopefully have lovely ladies send me positive thoughts hehe :)

Good luck! I'm sure everything will go great! At almost ten weeks, you'll see a cute little gummy bear baby wiggling around and waving at you!

If you're anything like me, you might not feel pregnant until second trimester. At least I didn't with my son. I'm 7 weeks with this one and I don't feel pregnant. I have very few symptoms as well. I've had an ultrasound at 5 weeks and they didn't see a heartbeat but it was still too early. They just saw the yolk sac which is what was to be expected at that point. I have another US on Monday so hopefully we'll see a heartbeat then.

Don't worry! I felt the same way with my first!!! I barely had symptoms and felt it was just too good to be true! Congrats!!

The only symptom I currently have is tender boobs! Other than that, I don't feel pregnant at all. Gl for your scan, I'm sure it'll go great :) x

I'm sure the U/S will go fine! Excited for you!
I barely have any symptoms, like BrittRashel and im about 7 weeks too.
My scan isn't for another 5 weeks though :( x

Thank you for you kind words ladies, it makes me feel better :) I'll update after my appointment for sure.
I hope all of us have very healthy pregnancy! I think being on any kind of forum is a double edge sword; it's great for support when you need it but it also shows you everything that can go wrong, I sometimes wish I wasn't that aware of chances of misscarriage and all xP

Hi Danna! I know how you feel about it not feeling real, I think i took like 25 tests because its proof that it's all real. I'm sure you will feel much better after your appt. :)

Haha Jules, I took tons of test in the fist few weeks as well, but I can't anymore! The variant hook effet kicked in, it sucks to have nothing you can do to reassure yourself!

If you need a pregnancy buddy, I would be more than happy to set up a thread. :) We have a similar journey with PCOS and Femara, plus we were buddies on the TTC thread. It def. helps when you have someone to share with. I'll start it in the pregnancy buddy section. :)

Made it. You can find me in the Pregnancy buddies section. The title is...from TTC with PCOS to Pregnancy. We can change the title later, I just wanted to set something up. Lol

I totally understand how you feel. I have one child and cannot believe I'm pregnant again! I've had some symptoms that have come and gone. Despite 3 positive pregnancy tests, I still feel like I'm pretending. I'm going to my first appointment in 2 days and I'm hoping that will make it feel more real.

I'm sure as long as there have been no worrying symptoms you will be fine. I didn't have any symptoms with my DD. Wouldn't even know I was pregnant had I not have taken a test. Good luck to you!

Good luck hun, my scan is tomorrow as well. It doesn't feel real for me either!

I've seen my baby on u/s multiple times now and I still swear it's not pregnancy, just a horrible sickness that will never go away. :haha: I think once my first tri symptoms finally subside and I feel somewhat normal again, then I can focus on feeling pregnant. Right now, I'm just focused on getting through the day. :sick:

Thanks for you kind words ladies! It went very well, cute baby waving and heartbeat at 165, measuring 9+6!
Good luck everyone with scans soon! I can finally relax a bit, doc said not to worry anymore :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->