Scan vs. Actual date

starah

Reaction score
I see many of you have different dates for you scan due date and actual due date. I'm just curious as to what the difference is? Wouldn't your scan date change your actual due date to be the same as the scan date?

i have often wondered this too. the 12 week scan is called the dating scan to se when the baby is due. acording to my lmp i was due on the sep 14. at my scan they gave me my edd as the 15th. so that is when i am due now. i dont know why people work off of 2 dates!

hi,

It could be because you can date your pregnancy from the first day of your last period and then calculate from there. Thats what I did, however when I got my dating scan they suggested my due date would be 2 weeks later because they based their e.d.d on the size of the baby rather than dates (I thought I was 12 weeks, measurements showed me to be 10 weeks). I think this is why some ladies have two dates. I hear the dating scan is incredibly accurate so going by their word!

Hi, the first due date i was given was by the midwife who worked mine out from the first day of my last period, that worked out i was due on 2nd July,
Then when i went for my dating scan they told me i was due on the 3rd July. Im just going by the actual scan date even though theres not really any difference in dates at all for me.

my m/w told me that the scans done at 6 weeks are the most accurate,,thge scans i had after that kept making my date earlier because babies were growing so fast but we are sticking to 6 week scan date.

Basically its down to when u ovulated and how long your cycle is most due dates are worked out as if u have a standerd 28 cycle and ovulated on day 14 which isnt always the case ....The best way is a scan around 12 wks that will give u a more accurate date x

From what my doc told me, the first scan is the most accurate. Otherwise, I'd be believing that my EDD changes each time I went to get a scan. :rofl:

The only period I forgot to log until 3 weeks later and I couldn't remember when I started, so I based my due date on what I could scrape together of my memory. But at the 12wks scan when I thought I was 13wks, I was indeed 12, so I am sticking by the scan dates, although I know I wasn't 1 week out on me period, a matter of days yes, but not a week! Even so, scans are very accurate for dating. x

When I had my first early scan the lady told me that they often don't officially change your due date if it is less than 7 days out. She said its only a base as most babies come 2 weeks before or after their EDD, and this is why when LO's are measuring 1/2 weeks different at scans they just wait till the next one to see how its evened out :D

Saying that my friend was given one date at her NHS scan about 1 week out from her LMP and then her private scan told her she was due 4 weeks before that! I would like to add the NHS one was right as he was born 1 day after that! But had they have gone by the private one she would have been a month late :rofl:

Well... tbh my scan EDD was further off than what my MW estimated.
When i found out i was pregnant trying work out EDD it came to 29th Dec.
Scan 2 days later, gave me a EDD of 27th Dec, I gave birth 31st.

My LMP was 1st november 2008 which would give me EDD of 8ths August 2009. When i had my scan they said baby was 13 wks 4 days (which was one day behind - calculating with the LMP) Sooo ive kept my due date and the weeks going by LMP lol as its only 1 day really. xx

my scan was bang on to my dates, right down to date of conception pmsl i was rather impressed with meself lol

They say the dating scan & date is the most accurate.
With my daughter from my lmp i was due the 5th Jan, at dating scan moved me to 4th Jan & my daughter still came early on the 27th Dec. I knew i concieved her in the first 2wks of my cycle too.
This babba, from lmp due date of 19th Aug, got moved back to 24th Aug. I knew we concieved her toward the end of my cycle.

I was lucky and my EDD was the same at my 12 week scan but they always go by the date given at this scan as it is most accurate, so this is the date I would go by hun, take care :hugs: XX

my due date (mine - ecplain in min) is 1week and 2days b4 scan date. mw and hosp are going by scan date.

i know my date is more correct than the scan date because i have very bad endometriosis and therefore intercourse is very painful and i know the 2 dates that i could possibly have conceived, as b4 this would make me 6weeks further! (sorry TMI).

when they did the scan they said my dates were definately wrong etc, until i explained the above and they then said that baby maybe small, they will work to 12week scan date for now but it may change to my dates as i progress.

i had similar with my lil man, right up until 38weeks (theirs) they said he was small. did another scan to make sure ihad enough water etc and decided then that MY dates were right, changed all my notes and said i would be going into labour soon and did a sweep. less than 24hrs later he was born.

Well by dates im due on the 10th Sep, but 13th Sep according to the dating scan. Because I said the 10th for so long before that.. thats the date I consider the babys due date still plus the fact im very regular with my periods etc. I keep it in my signature as a reminder for my two dates (not that it matters either way). Id prefer 09/09/09 anyway as it sounds good.

With my first pregnancy the dates were spot on as I knew when I conceived but with the second I knew they were definitely out by at least a week. They put my due date as 5th Nov but according to that I would have conceived 30th Jan. I knew for a fact I couldn't have conceived thenor around that time and all through my pregnancy believed I was a week or 2 weeks behind what the scan date was saying. When I gave birth at a supposed 38 weeks it was finally proved that I was right all along as my little boy was actually born at 36 weeks gestation x

Originally my expected due date was around September 14th. Then when I had my 8 week ultrasound (which we thought was nine weeks) the tech said I was one week behind. That had totally jived with when I ovulated. My ovulation had been a bit off, as had been my regular MP's. So when I went back to see the doctor a month later he was a little concerned but when I told him I ovulated about a week late, he said that made complete sense and my new due date of September 21st would not change. I think they first base it on LMP, and then when you get the actual scan that can change things. Our bodies are odd. Hope this helps!

Mine is completly different, i have had scans that each time tell me something different. I have had 4 all together the first was 6 weeks, which was right on. Then my second was 9 weeks i should have been 8 weeks. Third scan showed i was 17 weeks that one was right. The fourth scan showed me at 19 weeks this one was the craziest because it was only 3 days after my 17 weeks scan. If you are wondering why I have had so many is because I have been having some complications so they are checking the baby a lot. I will go in Monday 13th of April, for my gender scan, which should be my last, unless the problems start to occur again. I will be 19 weeks and 1 day then, so it will be crazy to see how far the scan has me on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->