scan vs gut feeling

RedString

Reaction score
so out of curiousity, has anyone ever been told one gender by a scan, but so sure it was the opposite, even after the scan? which turned out to be right, you or the scan? Kind of silly, but I just don't think the scan was right, to the point where I think i'll be rather devastated if I'm the one who's wrong. and it's bugging the CRAP out of me, >_<

Scans can be wrong but I think, unless the picture was bad or it was very early, it's rather unlikely. If you really think being wrong about this will upset you so much, I'd probably pay for a private scan to confirm the gender now, so you've got time to get used to whatever the outcome is. Maybe that time get them to give you a picture of "the goods" so you can remind yourself of what you saw in case you still don't believe it.

i'd love to get a private scan done, but it's not within my financial ability to do so, unfortunately.

I dont even know how clear the picture was, because despite my asking for a picture of the gender, if he could get one, the guy just gave me a foot and two profiles, and then said "i'm not supposed to say anything because its 19 weeks, and we're not supposed to say unless you're past 20 weeks, but it looks like a boy to me." I didn't even actually want him to tell me, I wanted to show everyone the gender scan and have them guess. >_<

The NHS always advise that they are wrong about gender 5% of the time - however I've never heard anyone I know say that their scan was wrong, so maybe they're just covering themselves with the 5% figure, although there is room for error.

Yep I was absolutely convinced and the scan said the opposite. We had a private scan just to confirm.

did your private scan confirm what your original said? what was the date difference?

Yes the private scan confirmed what the original Nhs one said. Nhs scan was at 20 weeks and the private at 27. It's pretty accurate from 16 weeks according to both sonographers I've seen.

i was convinced we were having a boy, all boys in oh family and the dates we had sex to conceive, scan at 22 weeks said girl and and i didn't buy one single pink think as i was totally sure it was a boy, she arrived happy and healthly. this time and i again convinced it's a girl, but we'll see what they say at the scan. i'm more inclined to believe them over my instincts as they were totally wrong last time.

yeah, my instincts were right on the last time, which is probably part of the reason i'm having such a hard time believing the scan. ah well, time will tell! thanks ladies, :flower:

I can't comment on the original question but I have had very strong feelings both times and they were right. I'm guessing you think this one is a girl. The fact he was so blasé about it I reckon you could still be right along with not showing you or giving you a picture. Hope everything turns out for you ok. xx

I was told boy at 16 weeks but I really still thought girl. Went for an NHS scan at 23 weeks and she said 100% boy. They're rarely wrong, if they had any doubts they wouldn't tell you. X

I was convinced I was having a boy! At 16 weeks I had a private scan done with babybond who told me 99% girl. Then, at my 20 week scan with NHS - they told me def a girl with no percentage. Then, at 31 weeks, the sonographer who was checking the fluid around her told us 80% girl. So I am assuming she is actually a girl lol! Some of me still doubts a bit I am actually carrying a boy... I know of three people who was told "girl" through out entire pregnancy and then gave birth to boys! I have not heard of anyone being told boy and giving birth to a girl though?

with my first i knew she would be a girl. we waited until delivery and sure enough it was a girl.
2nd time around i could have sworn it was a boy, we had private scan (only got 1 nhs one at 13 wks and no others) and was a girl. i told the sonographer she was wrong! haha! sure enough though she was a girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->