scan wednesday nervous about pain =/

MatthewAlyssa

mummy of 3 expecting no.4
Reaction score
Well as the title says I have my 12week scan on Wednesday that my mum is coming with me too as hubby can't swap shifts =/

But I have a feeling it going to hurt =/ I have had a 7+3 week scan and all was fine and apart from feeling nauseous since 10dpo till 9ish weeks. Buy starting to feel alot better

But Saturday night I was sick and then on Sunday I was sick 3times in the morning and i feel like i have done 50,000 sit ups after not doin any is years!! Lol I'm in so much pain its silly!!!

I normally have pain during my scans due to having to drink so much water that my bladder can't cope with but now I'm nervous my stomach pain is going to be worse :S

oh, poor you! Keep holding on as it's so worth it :) You know what you're going for xx

Well as the title says I have my 12week scan on Wednesday that my mum is coming with me too as hubby can't swap shifts =/

But I have a feeling it going to hurt =/ I have had a 7+3 week scan and all was fine and apart from feeling nauseous since 10dpo till 9ish weeks. Buy starting to feel alot better

But Saturday night I was sick and then on Sunday I was sick 3times in the morning and i feel like i have done 50,000 sit ups after not doin any is years!! Lol I'm in so much pain its silly!!!

I normally have pain during my scans due to having to drink so much water that my bladder can't cope with but now I'm nervous my stomach pain is going to be worse :S

I'm with you I've got my 12 week scan on Wednesday too. I'm sure it will not hurt you. Is it your tummy that is hurting from being sick as I've had that a couple of weeks ago. Have you tried ginger at all as this helped me along with Lucazade which I'm sure was not good for me but was all I could keep down.

I get bladder pain too as I've had lots of infections in the past and I'm cautious to not drink as much as I think. I normally have a pint about an hour before the app.

I didn't need to drink water before my 12 weeks scan, so you should be ok.

They always say drink 1pt of water 1 hour before you appointment and to drink it within 10 mins to get a good scan. At my 7+3 scan I drank just under the 500ml bottle of water 30 mins before my scan n I was doubled over in pain =/

I had 4months of sickness with my lil girl and didn't have this pain lol it has eased today =) so I'm hoping by tomorrow I will be back to normal lol

I can't have anythin ginger as it gives me a head ache even things like ginger beer does too lol guess I'm just weird lol =)

This is the one part of having scans that i really dislike, i had a scan at 10 weeks and was told the usual-drink so you have a full bladder before you go in. So i had, bursting for a wee and then they kept me waiting 45 minutes! I was so close to wetting myself (sorry tmi) and was worried about the scan then. But luckily just about got through it-then dashed to the loo!

For my next scan-in case they are running late, i'll be holding back untill just before i go in to drink! It really gave me a tummy ache!

i am really dreading this! when i feel the urge to pee i have to go so im not sure i will be able to hold it in that long!! TMI but i had a practice at holding, well i had to coz my dad went in the loo b4 i managed to and coz he was so long by the time i got in there i had accidently dribbled a bit, how embarrassing!!! i think im gonna have to buy some tena ladies! im only 24 :(

They always say drink 1pt of water 1 hour before you appointment and to drink it within 10 mins to get a good scan. At my 7+3 scan I drank just under the 500ml bottle of water 30 mins before my scan n I was doubled over in pain =/

I had 4months of sickness with my lil girl and didn't have this pain lol it has eased today =) so I'm hoping by tomorrow I will be back to normal lol

I can't have anythin ginger as it gives me a head ache even things like ginger beer does too lol guess I'm just weird lol =)

I hope you feel ok tom and good luck. I was sick twice this morning. Shame that you can't have ginger but I also find eating fruit helps in the morning as it gets quite a bit of water into me. It might be good to ask about the pain as I was told things move around a lot and it could be something shifting.

X

I drank way too much water for my first scan (at 6 weeks due to bleed) - I started drinking just over an hour before my sppointment and to do this day I do not know how I didn't wet myself!

For my second scan (at 8 weeks) I drank the same amount but I started drinking it slower about half an hour beforehand and finished it whilst waiting outside for the appointment. It was so much better.... I was still ready for the toilet after the scan but it was nowhere near as uncomfortable.

Fingers crossed for you tomorrow x

hey there, havent been on here much! I was actually going to send you a PM! Sorry to hear you haven't been well! Try not to worry too much about the pains (i know easier said than done!) I had alot of cramping 2 weeks back, my doc sent me to EPU, seen the baby it was amazing, i was almost expecting the MW to tell me there was nothing there!!

Let me know how Wed goes, i am having my 12 scan on Friday!

Hugs and Kisses luvie xx

Thanks all I am looking forward tomorrow now, I can get up off the sofa without being doubled over in pain so I think I was just worrying for no reason lol

And eve I was about to send u one too lol not been on here alot due to moving house but will catch up soon =)

Roll on 12:30 tomorrow I can't wait to see our lil lime =)

Lmao I was spottin for limes in to co-op today lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"