Scan yesterday - more bleeding today

Mummy1506

Mummy of 2 boys :)
Reaction score
I had a scan yesterday for reassurance as been bleeding since Sunday lightly but enough to wear pads, all looked ok measuring a week behind what I think I should be 6 weeks instead of 7 heartbeat seen & lady said everything looked fine & definitely wasn't miscarrying.

Today I've had some cramps backache & more bleeding 1 pad but not soaked through. A bit tmi but not really blood flow but stringy discharge.

I've never bled with my two boys so really don't know what to think.

the lady was so positive at the scan yesterday I was so relieved & assume the bleeding would calm down not get worse?

Anyone else experience this good or bad?

Thanks.

I haven't had any experience of this but wanted to check in and see how things were now. Did the bleeding stop? If not and you are still worried, would you be able to go for another scan in a few days? Sending hugs your way x

Ah thank you. Still bleeding not heavy but cramps & major backache so not looking good.

Scan was a private one & can't afford to keep paying out for those. Mw said if continues go to gp & they possibly may refer for a scan.

Not sure how long I wait for it to continue though! Guess if things haven't calmed down by tomorrow will give them a call.

Thanks for checking in tho.

Can you get bloods done at the gp. They do two tests a few days apart to see if hcg is increasing normally?

Are you in the UK? You might be able to go to the EPU and request a scan. If you are bleeding then they will do it. Try not to stress though, it's very common to experience some bleeding in the first trimester x

I had bleeding in the early weeks, stringy like you describe and enough to wear a pad, never had it with my first so thought the worst was coming but it didn't. I bled on and off from then until week 18, got a reassurance scan and they confirmed a separation of the sac. The hospitals advice was to stay off my feet for a few days, no strenuous lifting/excercise and to drink lots of water. I'm 25 weeks now and everything seems ok. I know this is easier said than done but just take one day at a time and try not to stress too much, I would maybe give the emu a call and share your worries, maybe even a wee white lie and not tell them about your private scan. Good luckx

Thank you for your replies, I've had bloods taken today but 3-4 working days for results so after weekend!

Made a gp appointment for this evening again so will see what they have to say this time! Yeah I wasn't sure if to mention the private scan or not?

I am in the UK didn't know you could refer yourself to epu thought it had to be from GP or mw ?

Been to see a different GP who was lovely & he's ask for an early scan to be done to check what's going on although they probably can't fit me in until Monday!

At least I may get some answers!

That's great, hopefully your mind will be put to rest. Try to rest up and not stress too much before then x

I bled at 5 weeks then had a huge bleed at 10 weeks that literally soaked thru a super pad, pjs and a double folded bath towel. We were amazed to find a healthy baby bouncong about! Ive been bleeding lightlu but daily for the last 5 weeks and baby is fine but the sonographer found an area of bleeding separate to baby which had bled out. Ive been told it will either reabsorb hy 20 weeks or continue to bleed x

Thanks for your positive story Blu! Really hoping it's something similar however I don't have a good feeling bleeding a lot now & third day now.

Off to epu this afternoon for assessment hopefully get a scan to see what's going on.

I hope you do get a scan today and don't have to wait till after the weekend. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Well I'm still non the wiser! No one was available to scan today 😞. Cervix closed hcg yesterday around 7600 ish I think. had more done today & back Sunday to check the levels.

Scan booked for Tuesday but guess will have a better idea when bloods come back Sunday.

Ggrrr! I'm so sorry you are having to wait longer. Try to do something relaxing tomorrow and I hope Sunday brings you some reassurance.

I'm in the process of miscarriage my levels have increased as much as expected scan on Tuesday just to confirm thanks for support over the last few days

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->