Scan yesterday... they found 2 flickering little heartbeats!

BabyMaybe917

Mommy
Reaction score
I thought I would introduce myself. I'm Ashley and I just found out yesterday I'm pregnant with TWINS! I wanted to join this section because I need advice! It took us 2 years to get our :bfp: and of all the dreaming I did I planned and dreamed of 1. I'm beyond thrilled that there are 2, it's so exciting and crazy all at the same time. I'm wondering if you have any tips you've come across or can share from experience on must have items, tips, etc. Pretty much anything twin related.

Also, how did you share your news of twins with family? Ours will be sharing our :bfp: at the same time.

huge congratulations on your twins, ive only recently found out so not much advicereally and im still in disbelief despite the fact we had IVF and obviously knew there was an extremely high chance!

Congratulations to you!!! I can't imagine getting to the point of IVF. I failed with all tries of clomid. Switched to Femara and this cycle was my last refill of that before dr thought we'd have to start injections and more drugs. Congratulations to your double blessing!!!

We sent out these postcards to friends and family at 10W

And congratulation what a blessing!! It's going to be so exciting. Are your twins faternal or Ident?

Attachments

• Twins (1).jpg
    Twins (1).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 37
Congrats!

We called family after our 1st ultrasound to tell them it was twins. They already knew we were expecting.

The one big item that we got 2 of and has been a God send is swings. My babies love their swings. Not all babies do though.

Another item we got 2 of was rock n plays. My babies love those as well. They sleep in them a lot.

Congrats!!!! I also found out very early that I was expecting twins and have been on cloud 9 ever since. :) My annoying symptoms like nausea and extreme fatigue hit from 7-15 weeks and has mostly subsided. I still tire easily so I rest a lot. I also was very campy but again that one too has just subsided. Being pregnant with twins is amazing and has been way different from my single babies and that is where this forum has been most helpful. Not many can relate.

Welcome to the club!!

Congrats! We found out very early too! My fun way of telling people was "we had our ultrasound and got to hear the heartbeat" and I'd wait for them to congratulate me and get excited then I said "and then we heard the OTHER heartbeat" and they would pause and try to process the news and then freak out.. It was fun :)

Congrats!!! So exciting!! We showed our family a picture of the first ultrasound and watched their faces as they slowly figured out what they were seeing :). It was so much fun!

I agree that you need to invest in 2 swings. They were so necessary for the first 6 months. I found that the first 3 months were very difficult as they were my first children and I was so not used to the incredible lack of sleep. Once through those first months though, it is so amazing to have twins. You are going to have so much fun!

Congrats on your double blessing! Ours we're spontaneous and we found out at 12w when I rushed to the ER thinking I was dying! (Severe nausea, vomiting, dehydration, weight loss, and anemia :wacko: ) Only to see two little babies on the U/S screen :cloud9: We.announced by having DD hold a picture of the U/S showing both of them and wrote on it 'Double the giggles, double the grins. Double the trouble, we're having twins!!'.

Wow so many new twin mum to bes joining lately, congratulations!

Congratulations! We didn't really announce it in an interesting way. We found out we were having twins at 7 weeks, and we hadn't told anyone about it yet...and we decided not to make a big announcement, we just told people when we happened to see/talk to them. Basically I just said "Guess what? I'm pregnant." They would immediately start freaking out and getting excited (first grandchild), then I'd say "...and it's twins!" Without fail they were shocked speechless for a few seconds

I thought I would introduce myself. I'm Ashley and I just found out yesterday I'm pregnant with TWINS! I wanted to join this section because I need advice! It took us 2 years to get our :bfp: and of all the dreaming I did I planned and dreamed of 1. I'm beyond thrilled that there are 2, it's so exciting and crazy all at the same time. I'm wondering if you have any tips you've come across or can share from experience on must have items, tips, etc. Pretty much anything twin related.

Also, how did you share your news of twins with family? Ours will be sharing our :bfp: at the same time.

Ashley, looks like our due dates are very close!! I'm 6w2d today. We had our first ultrasound two days ago and found out there were TWO heartbeats. We knew there was a good chance when we transferred back two embryos with IVF. But still, it comes a little bit as a surprise. A wonderful surprise. How are you feeling??

Thanks everyone for all of the tips- keep them coming!!!! I hadn't thought of 2 swings. I just assumed we would move them between swing and bouncy chair. Does seem to be recommended though with twins. I'm not even 7 weeks yet and I've pretty much picked out every single baby item we need! I'm still getting used to the idea of 2 babies. I've always dreamt and imagined of becoming a mommy I just assumed it would be 1 at a time!

mwb2040 we are VERY close in dates! Have you been given an actual due date yet? My ticker is a couple of days ahead of what they measured the twins at but I'm not going to change it until our next scan the end of this month. Feeling good so far. Not too terrible of symptoms yet thank goodness! Very tired, sore boobs, and diarrhea (which I'd never heard of but apparently common enough?) have been my only symptoms so far. I cramp and feel pressure frequently as well. Dr said it's just because the babies are stretching my uterus and I must be sensitive to it.

Thanks everyone for all of the tips- keep them coming!!!! I hadn't thought of 2 swings. I just assumed we would move them between swing and bouncy chair. Does seem to be recommended though with twins. I'm not even 7 weeks yet and I've pretty much picked out every single baby item we need! I'm still getting used to the idea of 2 babies. I've always dreamt and imagined of becoming a mommy I just assumed it would be 1 at a time!

mwb2040 we are VERY close in dates! Have you been given an actual due date yet? My ticker is a couple of days ahead of what they measured the twins at but I'm not going to change it until our next scan the end of this month. Feeling good so far. Not too terrible of symptoms yet thank goodness! Very tired, sore boobs, and diarrhea (which I'd never heard of but apparently common enough?) have been my only symptoms so far. I cramp and feel pressure frequently as well. Dr said it's just because the babies are stretching my uterus and I must be sensitive to it.

Since we did IVF, they know exactly the day of "conception" and therefore the due date. It's June 4th!! During our first scan, I was exactly 6w0d and both babies measured 6w0d. Right on track. The next scan is scheduled 10/17 which will be 7w1d.

And I'm still getting used to the idea of twins as well! Even though we knew of course there was a chance, it didn't hit us until we saw it on the screen! My doctor recommended the book "When you're expecting twins, triplets, or quads" by Barbara Luke. I started reading it and really like it so far.

Since we did IVF, they know exactly the day of "conception" and therefore the due date. It's June 4th!! During our first scan, I was exactly 6w0d and both babies measured 6w0d. Right on track. The next scan is scheduled 10/17 which will be 7w1d.

And I'm still getting used to the idea of twins as well! Even though we knew of course there was a chance, it didn't hit us until we saw it on the screen! My doctor recommended the book "When you're expecting twins, triplets, or quads" by Barbara Luke. I started reading it and really like it so far.

I'll have to check out that book! Based on my measurements one baby is June 3rd and one baby is June 4th for due dates. I thought I'd be due June 1st. So not to far off. So we wait until Halloween to get to see them again. I hate such a long wait. I'm so excited for you to get to see yours again so soon! Did you see the heartbeats already? Such amazing little flickers! Hopefully we'll be able to hear the heartbeats at our next scan.

I'll have to check out that book! Based on my measurements one baby is June 3rd and one baby is June 4th for due dates. I thought I'd be due June 1st. So not to far off. So we wait until Halloween to get to see them again. I hate such a long wait. I'm so excited for you to get to see yours again so soon! Did you see the heartbeats already? Such amazing little flickers! Hopefully we'll be able to hear the heartbeats at our next scan.

I am not sure what the protocol is where you are but with my doctor after I hit 10 weeks he started doing a scan every 2 weeks atleast. You should have lots of chances to see them. The good thing about being a twin mommy is the care seems to be very hands on :)

Congrats!!!
Our close friends and family already knew we were pregnant, so after finding out it was twins we just gave them pics of the u/s and waited for their expressions. It was pretty funny. Now that we are almost 12 weeks we are starting to tell more people. Everyone we tell is so excited for us. People love twins lol
We have an apt next week. We'll get to hear hbs on doppler, but no u/s. After that we are announcing on fb. We have a pic from our wedding of our matching converse. For the announcement we bought baby converse and are going to do a pic similar to the "our family is growing by 4 feet" pics.

We don't have another u/s until 20 weeks (gender scan), then we get one every month until the last month when we get one every week.

Congrats!!!
Our close friends and family already knew we were pregnant, so after finding out it was twins we just gave them pics of the u/s and waited for their expressions. It was pretty funny. Now that we are almost 12 weeks we are starting to tell more people. Everyone we tell is so excited for us. People love twins lol
We have an apt next week. We'll get to hear hbs on doppler, but no u/s. After that we are announcing on fb. We have a pic from our wedding of our matching converse. For the announcement we bought baby converse and are going to do a pic similar to the "our family is growing by 4 feet" pics.

We don't have another u/s until 20 weeks (gender scan), then we get one every month until the last month when we get one every week.

Congrats!! How are you feeling?

Congrats!!!

Congrats!! How are you feeling?

Exhausted! lol Nausea is finally starting to die down, I still have some bad days, but they are fewer at this point.
I'll have to check that book out you mentioned before. I've searched threads and info online a lot, but no books yet.
How are you feeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->