Scan yesterday... they found 2 flickering little heartbeats!

Congrats!!!
Our close friends and family already knew we were pregnant, so after finding out it was twins we just gave them pics of the u/s and waited for their expressions. It was pretty funny. Now that we are almost 12 weeks we are starting to tell more people. Everyone we tell is so excited for us. People love twins lol
We have an apt next week. We'll get to hear hbs on doppler, but no u/s. After that we are announcing on fb. We have a pic from our wedding of our matching converse. For the announcement we bought baby converse and are going to do a pic similar to the "our family is growing by 4 feet" pics.

We don't have another u/s until 20 weeks (gender scan), then we get one every month until the last month when we get one every week.

Congrats!! How are you feeling?

Exhausted! lol Nausea is finally starting to die down, I still have some bad days, but they are fewer at this point.
I'll have to check that book out you mentioned before. I've searched threads and info online a lot, but no books yet.
How are you feeling?

I haven't had any nausea (yet?)... But I definitely have food cravings/aversions that I never had before. And I'm TIRED. Seriously, at work today, I just wanted to put my head on my desk and take a nap!! Definitely check out the book, I think it's great. It's really about how being pregnant with twins is a lot different than with a singleton but how you can still have a healthy pregnancy and deliver good size babies. It's all about trying to carry them as long as possible to avoid them being premies. Lots of stuff about nutrition, rest, etc. I read so fast I got to the part about labor and I figured I'd stop there haha! One day at a time!!

I had planned on an all natural drug free and non-induced labor. I'm rethinking some points now that there's 2! I'm a wimp. And the thought of 1 child seemed doable but 2. On my! Plus add in risks of complications and possible csectipns etc. I think I definitely need to explore more options specific to twins. I know it can be done. Twins just seem so unpredictable.

That was my plan too. I am still going to try to do natural, assuming I go into natural labor and have no complications...Just FYI, so far I've been told I have to labor in the c-section room. For vaginal delivery, baby A has to be head down, but baby B can be breech. Apparently baby A kind of paves the way and baby B kind of just slips out lol If I don't get an epidural and we have to do an emergency c-section, I would be put under general...so I wouldn't be awake. I am so happy to have twins, but it just changes so much! I was going to either do a home birth or birth center, but those are both out now lol
Where in Missouri are you???? I'm in Missouri too!

That was my plan too. I am still going to try to do natural, assuming I go into natural labor and have no complications...Just FYI, so far I've been told I have to labor in the c-section room. For vaginal delivery, baby A has to be head down, but baby B can be breech. Apparently baby A kind of paves the way and baby B kind of just slips out lol If I don't get an epidural and we have to do an emergency c-section, I would be put under general...so I wouldn't be awake. I am so happy to have twins, but it just changes so much! I was going to either do a home birth or birth center, but those are both out now lol
Where in Missouri are you???? I'm in Missouri too!

That's good to know about where you will birth the twins. I'll have to see what our hospital does. I work at the hospital so may be able I find more info before next doctor appointment! In nursing school I did a research project on non-pharmacological pain management during delivery. It really opened my eyes to how often our society encourages drugs and c-sections without the necessity. We'll see how my opinion changes as I progress though. And I'm in nwmo. Near KC.

I also just realized my ticker says 28 weeks. I have no idea how that happened. Will have to fix that later lol!

Totally agree with both of you on wanting to do this natural... I know it depends on the babies' position, but if it's a possibility, I wanna go for it! Thinking a little far ahead though haha. I need to get these food cravings/aversions under control first :)

babymaybe-We aren't too far apart! I noticed your ticker and was a little confused lol

mwb-I completely agree...I just want to be able to eat half way normal and not feel like puking at some point each day lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->