Scanned booked tomorrow - what should I see?

Nope and have to pay for this one otherwise had to wait until 20wks:wacko:

I'd rather pay & have peace of mind though.

Yep me too :) I was a little suprised my dr only does 20wk scan as with my last 4 boys I had one around 6 wks and 12 then 20 . Definately worth the $ to see bubs earlier :)

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what I'll be having. I thought that was normal here!

So did I but apparently no need for one around 6wk if I know when I concieved , then 12 week is only if you want to pay then 20 weeks is the usual . Definately was 6 , 12 and 20 , 5 years ago at my same dr .

I think waiting is the best idea I had a scan when I thought I was six weeks and all I saw was a gestational sac that was it not even a fetal pole, I was so worried. It turns out I was actually only five weeks went back a few weeks later and there was baby with a heart beat! I wish I would have waited because it caused a lot of un needed stress for two whole weeks xx

I know I felt deflated after my last scan but I was also happy just to see that it wasn't tubal and the lining looked good (because I was worried about both of those things). I didn't have to pay because it was bulk billed. But I have heard recently in the last few years the later scans cost money however I'm pretty sure my private health will cover it all...

Good luck for the 5th!!! :hugs:

I agree too. Good move! I feel the same way about early testing and what not..I like definite answers.

Thanks girls. I'm happy that I moved it :flower:

By then I'll be definitely at least 6+3 weeks, and possibly even 7+3. I definitely don't want to stress myself unnecessarily.

GL buffy! Keep us posted.
In the us, you only get a 20 week scan if you don't opt in for all the genetic testing. If you do, they have to give you a 12 week scan to measure the size of some thing in the spine/ neck area. Or at least that's what they used to have to do. I guess now they can just tell you with a special new blood test, but I'm not sure if insurance will cover that here. Hoping to find out a week from today.

Sass they do the 12 week nuchal scan here in Canada (or at least in my city ) as part of routine prenatal care. I get a dating u/s, a 12 week to measure the fluid behind the neck) and a 20 week anatomy. If there are any issues they will repeat them as needed. For example my 20 week scan showed the baby heart was tilted on its axis so not only did they do a fetal echocardiogram but they repeated my anatomy one at 22 weeks lol. Turns out my daughter was just uncooperative. All parts normal. We don't pay for any of that. It's all covered by provincial health insurance. I wish u guys could have that too!

All my pregnancies in the US, they get a dating scan and it is usually covered. It is considered a "limited" scan, you usually get one "complete" (20 week) on insurance, but Dr can do "limited" for medical reason at their discretion.

Sass they do the 12 week nuchal scan here in Canada (or at least in my city ) as part of routine prenatal care. I get a dating u/s, a 12 week to measure the fluid behind the neck) and a 20 week anatomy. If there are any issues they will repeat them as needed. For example my 20 week scan showed the baby heart was tilted on its axis so not only did they do a fetal echocardiogram but they repeated my anatomy one at 22 weeks lol. Turns out my daughter was just uncooperative. All parts normal. We don't pay for any of that. It's all covered by provincial health insurance. I wish u guys could have that too!

We will have that one at around 12 weeks too, and then 20 :)

I knew some people who opted out of the 12 week scan cause they said they didn't want to know anything. I just could not sympathize. I could never make it 20 weeks or ever pass up on knowing something. Especially now when they can start treating lots of things in utero.

I agree sass 100%. Besides it's an extra chance to see your little one y wouldn't you?

I had one at 5 weeks 4 days gest sac. and yolk sac., follow up scan at 6 weeks 4 days (measured 6w3) gest sac, yolk sac, baby with a beating heart 119 :) ( the heart rate was 175 by my following scan at 9 weeks) I was told you dont always see the baby until 7th week so pushing it out a few days as you did should be awesome timing! Excited for you, I know its scary the waiting but just embrace that you ARE pregnant right now and try your best not to get worried. I'm just now starting to calm down but its still hard because when you want this baby so so bad everything worries you!

here in the uk we get our healthcare free on the nhs, so we get a dating scan with the nuchal testing at 12 weeks then our anatomy scan at 20 weeks (both would be repeated as required if anything arose or baby doesn't co-operate) they do also scan from 6 weeks in the early pregnancy unit but we have to have a referral. we don't have our hcg levels etc tested routinely here, I'm quite glad because that would just stress me out! xx

good luck on the 5th buffy :) xx

We don't test HCG levels regularly either. I haven't been tested after the first one to confirm my pregnancy.

The repeat hcg is generally for high risk or fertility clinic led pregnancies or women whom have had a history of miscarriage. I've never had a repeat hcg after the first to confirm pregnancy.

The repeat hcg is generally for high risk or fertility clinic led pregnancies or women whom have had a history of miscarriage. I've never had a repeat hcg after the first to confirm pregnancy.

I've had one miscarriage. I wonder how many you have to have had!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->