scar tissue ankle massage

H

HerdingDogs

I know tri 1 massages are out period. And I remember reading something about ankles being off limits. I have a ton of scar tissue in my ankle I need broken up by massage periodically. It is hurting so much since I was due for a massage today. No idea if I can safely do anything about my ankle. =/

I have arthritis and my doc said going to the physiotherapist is fine. And all she does is massage. I know you have to be careful with the oils they use. I just told her that I'm pregnant and she said she will stay away from the trigger points. And everything has been good.

I haven't heard anything about ankles. I know feet (reflexology) has a lot of pressure points too.

Maybe pop to a doctor Hun and and speak to them. They might be able to recommend someone who can help. I have scar tissue from old dance injuries and I get mine treated from a physio. As long as they know you are pregnant and are fully trained then they should be able to offer you a safe solution. Hope you feel better soon!

Who told you you can't have massages? I had two back/hip/neck deep tissue massages in first tri and two more since. So I would say an ankle is fine, if it's fine for me to have my pelvis and lower back worked on to a ridiculously painful (but required!) level. Ask your doctor.

I have an appointment today so I'll ask her.

My pregnancy journal I think is where I read that massages should only be done by prenatal certified therapists and only after the first trimester. I think my what to expect book said there is a point on the ankle that cannot be massages because it will stimulate premature contractions. =/

I have an appointment today so I'll ask her.

My pregnancy journal I think is where I read that massages should only be done by prenatal certified therapists and only after the first trimester. I think my what to expect book said there is a point on the ankle that cannot be massages because it will stimulate premature contractions. =/

I've had a partial hip replacement and see a massage therapist to help control pain. I had an appointment scheduled at 6 weeks and she had me reschedule. She said the same thing as your books, no massages in the first tri. Better to be safe than sorry!

Yep, ankle massages are a no no in any stage of pregnancy. Most will (or at least should) explain it in more detail but from a reflexology point of view it connects to the nerves of the abdominal area and can cause uterine contractions xxx

I have never heard of this in my entire life haha my dh gives me a foot and ankle massage literally every night! Lol I plan on sticking with it.

I have never heard of this in my entire life haha my dh gives me a foot and ankle massage literally every night! Lol I plan on sticking with it.

Haha hey if it has worked in the past and he's willing to do it, then I say do it! I asked my gyn about it today, she literally burst out laughing. She said that there isn't any conclusive proof one way or the other about massages during pregnancy. All she recommends is to let the massage therapist know/ try to stick to prenatal certified people. She said most people avoid/ won't give massages during first tri since the MC rate is at its highest, and nobody wants to feel like they contributed to a MC. So she said if I want to have my scar tissue massaged out to go for it as long as I'm comfortable and let the therapist know. Thankfully, both MTs are prenatal certified.

Ahh gotcha. Hopefully they can break up the scar tissue! Sounds painful.

Ahh gotcha. Hopefully they can break up the scar tissue! Sounds painful.

It's no fun. But that's what I get for trying to text while walking down stairs and breathing x.x I used to have to wear a brace every day, saw PTs, had it x-rayed... then I happened to see this one massage therapist from a groupon, and he said it was just scar tissue build up and then started breaking it down. It's been so wonderful. I get a few pain free days and then the pain is so much less severe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"