Scared about first ultrasound

21yrsurvivor

Reaction score
I'm scared about my first ultrasound tomorrow. I'm 8 weeks pregnant today, and in my 8 weeks I have been an emotional roller coaster because I have had some things that have been happening to me.

I have been having spotting, but it seems to only happen when there's sex or I do clitoral stimulation that ends in an orgasm. Pretty much whenever I have an orgasm. I spot heavily at first then it fades to nothing, and one hour there will be spotting and the next there won't be. My spotting has been light to medium pink to light peach color. Never had bright red blood or blood clots. My spotting lasts 1-1 1/2 days and goes away.

I have been having cramps since I ovulated, off and on. Sometimes I get sharp cramps over my right side that last 30-50 seconds then go away. I got those up to 5 times a day.

One thing that's making me scratch my head is this substance that I have been getting. I have been getting these pieces that look like little rolled up pieces of toilet paper and are sometimes stretchy. There's no smell, so I don't think it a yeast infection. Recently the pieces have been pink (not red)

I have been an emotional roller coaster these past 5 weeks. I keep thinking I'm going to miscarry and that nothing is going to be in that ultrasound tomorrow. I have been freaking out that I'm not going to see a baby up on that screen tomorrow, and that those little pieces I see in the toilet are pieces of a baby.

Has anyone ever been in the same boat and had a successful pregnancy?

Awww, I'm sure it'll be wonderful! It seems pretty common to spit after sex/stimulation, and the fact it lasts a certain amount of time each time and fades away sounds ok.
As for the 'tissue', I know that us pregnant ladies pass all sorts of weird and odd mucus and discharge. I have had (tmi) yellow stretchy discharge, white discharge, blobs of solid white discharge, firm blobs of yellow/green discharge. I often have thrush but even when it's treated I've had lots of unattractive substances coming out of my body and it seems lots of other women find the same thing.

Try to remain positive and enjoy your scan tomorrow. Make sure you update with a cute scan pic xxxxxxx :hugs:

Sounds like an irritated cervix to me (which is fairly common and not a big deal). Had it in every pregnancy after orgasm. My DD is 4 :) My last pregnancy ended at 21 weeks, but did NOT have anything to do with the spotting I had. I'd say you are good!

Thank you so much for the reply girl, it means a bunch. When I spot, my mom has asked me if it has reached the pad and I say no. It never does. I notice when I get it that half the time if gooey pink/peach. Every time that the spotting happens I FREAK out and start crying or start going into an anxiety attack. I have bad anxiety from my bipolar disorder and since I found out that I'm pregnant my doctor took me off my Ativan and Atarax for anxiety attacks. So I've been having to learn how to cope and manage my anxiety and it's not easy. I keep thinking nothing but bad thoughts that something is going to happen. I start crying and panicing...feel bad for my SO who has the patience of a saint.

When I have done research online about my spotting and such, it seems that 98% of it points to women who have had a miscarriage or are having an impending miscarriage...not exactly what you want to read. This is my first so I'm obsessing over every tiny detail. My symptoms I have had have been tiredness, cramps, bloating, feeling like you have to pee a lot but only a little comes out, nipple tenderness (some days are worse than others, some days I barely have any nipple tenderness), dizziness here and there, and LOTS of watery discharge from my vagina. I keep feeling like Im bleeding but it's just clear watery CM I guess.

Awww honey. Hugs! I spotted once after having sex with one of my pregnancies, and I immediately went to see my gyn the next day. She assured me that it is perfectly normal and common for women to spot after sex/orgasming. So try not to stress too much. I am hoping your scan alleviates any fears! Come back and update everyone! I can't believe you're 8 weeks already! Seems like just yesterday we were debating whether you were pregnant ;) Congrats!

Awww honey. Hugs! I spotted once after having sex with one of my pregnancies, and I immediately went to see my gyn the next day. She assured me that it is perfectly normal and common for women to spot after sex/orgasming. So try not to stress too much. I am hoping your scan alleviates any fears! Come back and update everyone! I can't believe you're 8 weeks already! Seems like just yesterday we were debating whether you were pregnant ;) Congrats!

Thanks girl :hugs: I feel like I'm driving everyone nuts with my anxiety and looking at things from a glass half empty instead of half full. One thing that has also has me questioning if I'm still pregnant is that I haven't been sick. No throwing up, I'll feel nauseous from time to time but never fully sick. I am hoping that I'm still pregnant and everything is going as planned. One of the biggest mistakes I made was doing research on the Internet and reading all these posts from women that had something go wrong. I get easily persuaded by what I read and think that's me because of the symptoms I have are like theirs. OMG, and the things I've read women say about cramping...that really makes me break down. I wonder though if my body is just super sensitive because I have two things that effect my body, I have Fibromyalgia and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS). My body is always in some sort of pain everyday. So I have wondered if that's making me cramp more and making my back hurt more. The problem I have is I think too much and freak out too easily. I'm trying to relax, it's not easy that's for certain.

Just remember that the Internet is voluntary. Like survey stats, they are biased to extremes. People who post about their pregnsncies online are more likely to have extremely positive or extremely negative experiences. None of my friends or family post online about their ttc journey or pregnancies. I do. But you look at my history and it has been exceptionally rocky. It's kind of like going to the grocery store and expecting to find people looking to go skateboarding: that's not what they are there for. People come to the Internet mostly to vent or get answers for bad situations. Dunno if I am making sense. But dr. Google is the worst

Just remember that the Internet is voluntary. Like survey stats, they are biased to extremes. People who post about their pregnsncies online are more likely to have extremely positive or extremely negative experiences. None of my friends or family post online about their ttc journey or pregnancies. I do. But you look at my history and it has been exceptionally rocky. It's kind of like going to the grocery store and expecting to find people looking to go skateboarding: that's not what they are there for. People come to the Internet mostly to vent or get answers for bad situations. Dunno if I am making sense. But dr. Google is the worst

Yes, Dr. Google is the worst. When I went to my nurse appointment I talked to an LVN and an RN and the RN told me to stay away from Dr. Google and said that everyone is different. I freak out easily because I have A LOT of health issues and worry that one of them is going to close a miscarriage.

Hope everything's gone well with your scan today? Xxxxx

Agreed how did it go? I remember you mentioned the health concerns, so hoping you got good news today! :)

Awwww love it!! How cute is your little beanie?!

Was your bf able to go? Also, was your mom able to help you tell your dad?

Awwww love it!! How cute is your little beanie?!

Was your bf able to go? Also, was your mom able to help you tell your dad?

Yes he was able to go and be in the room with me, he beamed when he heard the heart beat. My dad took it really really well and has been encouraging me to stay healthy.

So glad to hear your dad responded positively! And so lovely that your bf is continuing to be supportive

That's great news all round honey xx Beautiful beanie scan ❤️❤️
Was the scan transvaginal or abdominal? I have mine on Tuesday (I'll be 8+1 like you) and I'm debating whether I should change it to see more or not. I got one at 7+3 with my son and he was just a blob (that was abdominal as I opted out of trans out of fear)

Beautiful scan picture! So glad all's going well :happydance: xxxxxxx

That's great news all round honey xx Beautiful beanie scan ❤️❤️
Was the scan transvaginal or abdominal? I have mine on Tuesday (I'll be 8+1 like you) and I'm debating whether I should change it to see more or not. I got one at 7+3 with my son and he was just a blob (that was abdominal as I opted out of trans out of fear)

Thank you so much hun! The ultrasound was transvaginal. The Doctor said they do the standard ultrasound at 9 weeks. The doctor that did the ultrasound was super sweet to me. I voiced my concerns about the spotting I've had, and at first he was skeptical, but when I told him that it only happened after an orgasm and I told him it lasted 1- 1 1/2 days he felt a lot better and assured me that it was normal. He just said to stay on pelvic rest till I see my doctor and see what she says. The good news is that I didn't spot after the ultrasound, which really surprised me. I thought for sure I was going to spot or even bleed, especially since I spotted earlier this week. So far so good.

During the u/s he measured the baby at 7+4 so he was very happy that it's right on schedule. I would definitely get the u/s if I were you, yeah some of them will look like blobs but it would be interesting to see how much the baby has changed in a short time.

I was just looking at when you got your BFP...we got it the same day! What are the odds? That's so awesome!

So glad to hear your dad responded positively! And so lovely that your bf is continuing to be supportive

I know, I so glad he took it so well and has been very supportive. As a matter of fact, the other day he went to the store and when I woke up he told me he got a few things that he thought I would like. Plus, we are well known at the store we shop at and the one who checks us out 95% of the time was there and he told her that I was expecting. So I take it if he wasn't all that excited or happy he wouldn't be sharing the news. Does my heart good. I have shared with him the hurdles I have had to overcome so far, and he's been supportive. He's also been proud of how well I have been talking care of myself with eating healthy and trying to take it easily.

I have been super tired, sleep at night is almost unheard of because I can't get comfortable due to my cramping is worse when laying down or sitting. If I'm up and walking I'm a lot better...go figure. My nipples have been pretty tender and doing some funky things. Cramping off and on still but I guess that's my norm, as I'm writing this my nausea has been terrible...almost threw up a half hour ago when I went to burp, yuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->