Scared about first ultrasound

That is so amazing!!

I agree! It was even more amazing to hear the heart beat...that's the part that touched me the most, I'm surprised I didn't lose it right there and start crying. I was just shocked that everything was ok and that there was a baby inside, thriving so well. Within 10 seconds of him inserting the u/s I could see the sack and the baby...even before he said anything. When I saw that I had a sigh of relief, again I'm surprised I didn't start crying LOL.

I agree that transvaginal will give you more detail. I had a lot of early us (6-9 weeks). They would start with abdominal first then let me empty my bladder (I was usually writhing). Then they switch to transvaginal. I have probably had upwards of 15 transvag scans. My 9w abdominal scan was a blob but the transvag I could clearly see the head, the body, the arm and leg buds... They don't put the whole thing in you so it looks scarier than it is. I just take a deep breath and remind myself that (gross and graphic) a penis is wider and goes in just about as deep so if I can have sex then I can do a transvag haha

21, so sorry the symptoms are kicking in. On the one hand, it's a nice reminder your baby is growing inside you. On the other, I'm sure you miss sleep. Supposedly things get better tri 2! And I love that your dad is getting excited. How's the apartment hunting going?

I agree that transvaginal will give you more detail. I had a lot of early us (6-9 weeks). They would start with abdominal first then let me empty my bladder (I was usually writhing). Then they switch to transvaginal. I have probably had upwards of 15 transvag scans. My 9w abdominal scan was a blob but the transvag I could clearly see the head, the body, the arm and leg buds... They don't put the whole thing in you so it looks scarier than it is. I just take a deep breath and remind myself that (gross and graphic) a penis is wider and goes in just about as deep so if I can have sex then I can do a transvag haha

21, so sorry the symptoms are kicking in. On the one hand, it's a nice reminder your baby is growing inside you. On the other, I'm sure you miss sleep. Supposedly things get better tri 2! And I love that your dad is getting excited. How's the apartment hunting going?

It's funny how my symptoms really kicked in the day after the ultrasound. My diet today has just been applesauce and finally I was feeling a little more stable so I had a grilled cheese. The past couple days it's been hard for me to just drink water. With water alone I feel like I'm going to toss my cookies LOL. The apartment hunting is bad, there is barely anything down here available. We have so many people from LA moving here and taking up everything. It's terrible, but we are keeping our fingers crossed. There's a couple places available, BUT they are in a bad part of the neighborhood and are know to have drug addicts live there. The city I live is a smaller city and it used to have a nice safe atmosphere, but the past 5 years it's gotten bad. It's sad because it's a nice little city against the foothills that lead up into the mountains. We are going to keep our eyes open but it's not looking too good.

Sorry to hear that. I used to live in LA so I totally get the undesirable neighborhoods/ apartments getting snatched up. You've got a few more months so I know you'll find something. Don't settle :). Gl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->