Scared about my scan on October 1st heamatoma

hazzabeanie

mum of 2
Reaction score
I had a scan last week due to bleeding on and off they found a hematomea and said I wasn't as far as I though I thought I was about 6 weeks from last lmp I saw a sack and yolk sack that's it now I have another scan next week the bleeding has stopped and I'm
Worrying that it won't have developed and there will be no baby :( I feel incredibly sick all day and worse at night :(

Oh sweetie - the wait it horrid isn't it? I'm not in exactly the same position - I'm nearly 30 weeks but the midwife is concerned that baby is measuring small so I'm having a growth scan on 1st October. I'm so nervous for that. So although we are in different places in our pregnancies we are both worried about scans!

It's all consuming isn't it - I'm off work for the next week and part of me is glad because I'd be useless at work but I could do with the distraction as well :/

I think since there was a sac during your last scan and you haven't bled you have good chances of seeing a more developed pregnancy now. To me it seems the hematoma bled off simply.
Hope you see a healthy baby!

My best friend haemorrhaged in her first trimester with a massive hematoma. Dr told her not to get attached to the pregnancy as it was not going to be viable due to the sheer size of this hematoma. Well her daughter is now 1. The hematoma ended up reabsorbing itself internally and never posed a risk again. She also never bed again. So don't worry the fact that u aren't bleeding and that u feel ms is an excellent sign that all is well xx

Babycenter has a SCH support group and a great FAQ.
https://community.babycenter.com/post/a27372249/sch_faq
On German forums I read magnesium is recommended as it helps relax the uterus and a lack of it can lead to cramping that aggravates the situation. I am taking 500mg of Magnesium citrate, started 3 weeks ago, and had much less cramping, actually non at all until I started spotting some a day ago.

Many also say not to strain when going to the bathroom. I was very constipated so I am eating starch free now. Basically just moist foods like meat, fruits and a few veggies. I try not to overload on fiber and it bulks up everything which can make bowel movements harder. That way I have a BM every 1-2 days without much straining.

Last but not least I read that there could be a Gluten and SCH connection. I usually eat Paleo which is Gluten free anyway but in early pregnancy I cheated rather often because Paleo foods are not always easy to get by. I have been strictly Paleo with a bit of dairy though for the past 3 weeks now. Hope it truly does make an impact on the clotting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->