Scared about small bump 25 week appt

Nic d

Reaction score
Hiya, i'm new to the site and just wondered if anyone feels the same as me? I'm going to be a first time mum to my baby boy in August and have my 25 week appt with my midwife on Monday, I've read in my notes she will measure from my pubic bone to the top of my fundus to check the growth of lil one but i'm REALLY worried as my bump is so small, i've only just got my bump (even my boss said he was starting to doubt i was even pregnant!) Is anyone else around 25 weeks with a small bump? Or had their 25 week scan? Any advice to stop making me feel so nervous about Monday would be great, thanks xx

Some people do measure small or slightly behind, usually its nothing to worry about. If there is quite a big difference your MW will probably refer you for a growth scan.

Your bump size depends on a lot of things ..... were you slim or small framed to begin with?

I would try not to worry hun... I didn't start to show until about 24/25 weeks either. I've always measured on schedule! I think they still class you as 'ok' if you're 2 weeks before or after what you should be.
xxx

Hiya, i'm 5ft 2 and weighed 8.5 stone before, so am quite small framed... at my 20 week scan everything seemed OK, they just said junior has a small head! Oh and i have a low lying placenta so have to go back at 35 weeks.. thanks for your advice, it's starting to get me down when people comment how small i am, it's making me feel like i should be worried - does that make sense?! x

My boss jokingly commented too when I was about 23 weeks saying he wasn't sure if I was preg as I had no symptoms/bump!!
I'm 5ft1 and was just under 8 stone before baby. At my 34 week check up yesterday she said I was measuring a little behind but because I a short that she wouls expect me to measure slightly under.
Try not to worry too much - although easier said than done! x

I know what you mean, i had no morning sickness and i've only just started to buy maternity clothes! I know i should probably be grateful that i'm quite small but i can't help but worry.. hopefully everything will be OK on Monday and i can start relaxing a bit more knowing that my little man is growing OK.. thanks for your advice, it's good to know that other people have felt the same thing as me x x x

I think my bump's fairly big but at my 25 weeks appointment I was told I'm measuring small... She did stress that the heartbeat is strong and the cub kicks and wriggles all day long, so it's not necessarily anything to worry about! I'm being measured again at 27 +3 and if I'm still small she'll refer me for a growth scan. She said everyone carries differently and I had good stomach muscles before preg, am tall, have wide hips etc... Don't worry about it, if your scans have measured okay (as mine have) you'll likely be fine.

I have a small appearing bump but my measurements have been OK and I sometimes feel bub just under my ribs, it just doesn't seem to show much. There is another thread on here with my 24w6d pic that should hopefully reassure, I'll try and add the link.

LINK: pic at end of 1st page
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/124749-do-you-start-showing.html

They do say the size of your bump does not determine the size of the baby, everyone is different hun. Try not to worry too much, Im sure everything is fine. I hope all goes well, take care :hugs: XX

See, my bump is loads bigger than joey-jo's but I'm measuring small and she isn't, so it shows that you can't tell these things by sight! And even if you are measuring small, it doesn't mean the baby is!

Thank you so much for the pics and your comments, i think i'm just a bit bigger than joeyjo, but not much! I hear loads of other people talking about a 'growth spurt' that is supposed to happen, i'm still waiting patiently!! I do feel him move loads though, especially when i'm just about to drop off to sleep and at work.. if i look closely enough when sat at my desk i can see my bump moving!! Well fingers crossed for Monday x x

I wouldn't be too concerned.Iam 25 weeks and i have what would be seen as a small bump.The midwife even said oh thats a small bump - but she wasn't concerned at all.

me too girl..exactly the same position as you..25 weeks get all the comments about how small i am..kind of makes me paranoid

I'm only 18 weeks tomo but I have nothing really to show for it, yet some people are really showing already so think I'll be in the same position as you at 24 weeks. I think it is just different for everyone. I'm sure it will burst out soon enough xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->