• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Scared and Nervous TTC #2

Sophm88

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to know other people's views and feelings on my situation. I currently have a 6 year old from a previous relationship, myself and my ex husband tried for her for just over a year then he left me for someone else when I was 6 months pregnant. I raised by daughter on my own up until just over 4 years ago when I got into a relationship with one of my friends. We have been together ever since and just moved into our first home.

We have decided we would like to try for a baby (after finding out I have polysystic ovaries) but I am so scared!! I'm scared of going through labour again and so nervous of the thought of the same thing happening again! I know my current partner is 100 times the man my ex was and dotes on me and my daughter. I just can't stop the feeling of being so scared! Anyone else felt this way?

:flower: so sorry about what you have been through. Sounds really tough to deal with at 6 months pregnant.

If your new partner is 100x the man your ex was, I'd try not to overthink things, and don't let things in the past spoil the here and now.

Thank you, I have aired my feelings to my partner but just wanted an outside POV. :)

Me too! Bad experiences need good experiences to "cover" them and heal our past wounds! May this experience be filled with joy and companionship from start to finish! All the best! xxx

Thank you, I didn't think of it in that way! You've all put my mind at ease. :)

Hi Soph, welcome to BnB :wave:

I'm in a very similar position to you, my DD1 who is 5 and a half is from my previous long term relationship (12 years) but he made it very clear DD1 was not wanted (surprise pg) but I couldn't go through with termination. Long story but we tried to make it work but it didn't work out.

I'm now engaged to a fantastic man and we have decided to try for a baby. I also have PCOS :hugs: so I understand how you are feeling honey. I am excited and nervous to go through it all again, I never had support the first time around and it was very lonely. This time I have found it so refreshing to have my partner support me as well as being just as excited and nervous as me. Like a pp said - don't let the past spoil this time for you :flower:

Hi Bumbleberry, :hi:

Thank you, I was on BnB back when I was pregnant my daughter and it was such a help and comfort that I thought it was a good place to have some help!

Sorry to hear you have been through a similar time as me! :flower: I am glad to find someone who can relate. Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and go for it. I came off the pill in July just using other forms of contraception, my partner said he cant wait to have a baby and that there's no question he will be there for me!

Have you started trying now?

Have you started trying now?

Yes, just started this month. I was a bit nervous at first, more so because our little family unit is perfect and I was unsure about changing that but we both want another child and my DD1 wants to be a big sister! But all that subsided after about a week!

My worries are more with the PCOS side of things. I'm currently in the TWW but I'm not sure if I ovulated or how my cycles are after birth control, so in a way I'm hoping AF comes around soon so I know my cycles are ok etc. I lost a lot of weight to help with the symptoms of PCOS and that has really helped. I tried Metformin years ago but I was really ill on that. Are you getting any support with that?

That is exciting! :) I understand you want to wait for AF to arrive! That is similar to myself, my daughter is dying to be a big sister but I am also scared of it all changing. Little things like how we will cope with 2 little ones and if my daughter will enjoy it.

I have had problems down there for a few years but was only diagnosed with PCOS this week, a bit of a relief to be diagnosed but still upsetting. I tried for my daughter for 14 months and periods have always been irregular. My consultant has told me because my periods aren,t massively irregular on the scheme of things just to start trying and if nothing happens in the next year to go back.

I have started looking at diets, exercise and things I can do to help but all very new to me. I should have asked my consultant more but because of the shock I couldn't think of much. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"