Scared - blood?!

BumbleBump

Mummy to 3 girlies!
Reaction score
About 15 minutes ago I went to the loo and when I wiped myself there was blood. I've not had any bleeding throughout the pregnancy and I didn't have any with DD. So obviously it scared me crapless.

Phoned my MW, her mobile was off, so phoned the other number I had and got through to the on call MW. She asked me if it was fresh blood, I said it looked diluted (I was assuming that was because I had just been for a wee?), she asked how much - more than 2 teaspoons, I said no. She asked if baby had moved today, I said yes lots earlier, more than 10 movements today? Yes. When was the last time you felt her move? About 2 hours ago... She said it's just one of those things and if it carries on then to see my doctor tommorrow to check for a urine infection. That's it :(

I'm so scared, this is totally new to me. I know I've overdone it the past 2 days, I had to move some things from my old flat and probably carried too much, then had my usual 40 min walk into work - when I was walking in I remember thinking to myself I FEEL like I'm overdoing it, but I had to go to work. Been fine all day but now this and bump feels rock hard and she hasn't moved in a while. I have to go to work tomorrow, yet another 40 min walk and rushing for buses.

Do you think I can at least phone in sick for this tomorrow despite having a lot of time off?! The MW made it sound like I was freaking out over nothing, but I've always though blood = BAD. :cry: Do you really have to bleed more than 2 teaspoons before its worth checking out?! I'm so scared I'm going to lose my little girl :(

:hugs: sure all is ok but plz ring labour ward for advice xxx They will have a look at u and put ur mind at ease

I think she has been a little flippant to be honest, ring labour ward and get a second opinion hun, good luck xxx

Thanks girls, I just drank a glass of cold water and she's started moving around as usual which has made me feel better, plus my belly has stopped being so hard... Going to see how much it continues in the next hour or so and then phone the labour ward if it seems like a worrying ammount. Already e-mailed work to say I won't be in tomorrow so at least I can rest up then. OH thinks the MW was just trying to make me feel less stressed about it, hopefully its just a urine infection or something :(

Any blood is bound to freak you out though hun, we would all be the same!! Put your feet up put on a good tv program and get DH to give you a foot massage and relax go check in an hour then if your still bleeding call L&D and they will prob call you in to check you over!! Take it easy sweetie xxx

Ring the labour ward.
I had this last week and they wanted to check

I had lots of bleeding with DS #1 and only got checked a couple times. It was nothing and they could find no reason for it. They checked me after the 3rd time I think it was because it was happening so frequently, but otherwise the other questions were the same thing I was asked.

If it was alot, if baby was moving, and if there was any cramping, or contractions going along with it. Still don't know why it happened...

Hey hun hope everythings ok!!
If its bad still or your still worried call labour ward and they will prob say to go down to get checked out (they did when i had bleeding a few weeks ago) and it was only a tiny bit too!!
And you should take it as easy as you can!! OH can do the rest of the lugging about!! he will feel useful then hehe.
Let us know how it goes
Love mee
xxxxx

Hey, hope everything is ok...if you are still bleeding you should go in to the hospital just to be on the safe side.

Thanks girls :) I went to the loo just after my post and saw bright red stuff at the bottom of the loo (sorry if tmi) and also a fair bit more on the pad I put on, so rang the MW back. She told me to go down to Labour and Delivery to get checked out, so headed down there and was monitored for a couple of hours - LO is fine, lots of movements, good heartbeat, no contractions and all my tests were normal. :) They couldn't find any reason why it might have happened, but going to take it easy tomorrow just in case!

Soo relieved, was a shock after having no complications at all with DD. So glad I went to L&D though, was really good to make sure she was OK.

:hugs: Glad you got it checked and all is well

Thanks girls :) I went to the loo just after my post and saw bright red stuff at the bottom of the loo (sorry if tmi) and also a fair bit more on the pad I put on, so rang the MW back. She told me to go down to Labour and Delivery to get checked out, so headed down there and was monitored for a couple of hours - LO is fine, lots of movements, good heartbeat, no contractions and all my tests were normal. :) They couldn't find any reason why it might have happened, but going to take it easy tomorrow just in case!

Soo relieved, was a shock after having no complications at all with DD. So glad I went to L&D though, was really good to make sure she was OK.

Good!!! So glad to hear all is well.....it helps sometimes just to get that reassurance.:hugs:

Aww hunny i'm so pleased everything is ok!! xxxx

I had bleeding in three seperate occasions during third. It was thrush. Every time. My cervix was irritated by the thrush, what they call cervical erosion, I would ask for a speculum hun, an internal examination to see if thats what it is. If they didnt do an internal they should because bleeding can mean placenta previa. Not to scare you, but its worth asking for an internal xxx

I had bleeding in three seperate occasions during third. It was thrush. Every time. My cervix was irritated by the thrush, what they call cervical erosion, I would ask for a speculum hun, an internal examination to see if thats what it is. If they didnt do an internal they should because bleeding can mean placenta previa. Not to scare you, but its worth asking for an internal xxx

Thanks hun, they did an internal too (forgot to mention that bit) and she said everything looked normal :) She said the bleed definately came from me and not baby. Hopefully I'll be getting a midwife appointment this week too to double check everythings ok - I wasn't due one for another 3 weeks otherwise. I'm really hoping it was a one off, probably the most scary thing I've ever had happen! It really makes me feel for all you girls who have had a lot of problems and puts all the other pregnancy niggles I've had into perspective :hugs:

hey chick, Do u have a loew lying placenta? I know you can bleed if this has shown up on a scan? I also had some bleeding at 35 weeks though and MW checked and said I was ok and its common, so try not worry but its best to ring labour ward to make sure xx

oh god naughty me,, didnt look at other posts,, glas everything is ok xx

good to hear that you went down to Labour and Delivery and that they actually checked her out and that your both ok.... i would have been soo pissed off at the first MW who sounds like she pretty much dismissed what you had to say about it....

How are you feeling about it all now?? Fingers crossed that everything is ok and that you have stopped "bleeding".......
Cuddles for you....
-xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"