• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Scared he chokes on vomit?

Kmx

Reaction score
Lo was sick driving home and has been sick again in the house. I bathed him and he lay on the couch with me but was restless and kept weakening. He never sleeps with me and is really set in routine so I put him to bed but with doors open and I'm next door. He's been sick twice in bed and I'm worried what to do? Should I bring him in with me or keep him up until he's stopped being sick? He's being sick in his sleep so very very tired. This is the first time he's vomited x

Big hugs- I feel your pain. My LO spit up a LOT as a baby- so I actually got used to that, but when she got her first real tummy bug at 11mos it was horrible. I think our house was covered in vomit! ugh... when she was little, she slept in a rock-n-play so that she was propped up and I didn't have to worry about spit ups as much. If there is anyway to prop LO up more that could help-- but really, you might just have to hold/snuggle him till he's past the worst of it. I'm sorry. It really does suck! I think I lived in the bathroom for a while when LO was last sick- she just layed on me and if I knew she was about to throw up I'd hold her over the sink to help lesson the mess... NO fun!!!

If he's tired enough to sleep- maybe lay something under him in case he does throw up, that way you can easily take it off and put him back to sleep. :hugs:

Things I have done over the years when mine have been sick include sleeping on a blow up mattress on their bedroom floor, taking their cot into my room for a couple of nights and sleeping down in the living room with sick child on one settee and me on the other!

Now I am much more relaxed, but my youngest is 3.5 so I just go to bed and they go to their own beds with a towel on the floor and a box to puke in. I always hear them though it's that mother instinct that makes you wake up. My husband could come home from work make something to eat and watch tv for an hour and I wouldn't even stir, not even when he gets into bed, but if one of the kids so much as coughs out of place I am awake and in their room within seconds

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"