Scared I'm having a miscarriage...UPDATE PAGE 8

Dingo1985

Pregnant - 1st Trimester
Reaction score
I had brown discharge on Friday night and yesterday day time but then nothing from then till just now - it wasn't much and was only when I wiped except a small amount on my panty liner yesterday. I had decided to think positive and see the doctor tomorrow.

However, just went to the toilet and when I wiped it was bright red blood on the toilet tissue... So scared I'm miscarrying and I can't stop crying. I'm just shy of 6 weeks.

Lots and lots of ladies bleed in early pregnancy - are you cramping lovely? x

There's a bit of pain/discomfort - not very bad though. Some twinges.

:hugs: I hope its all ok in the end with you and buds and lots of women do bleed early in pregnancy

Thank you - I've just been on the phone to NHS direct and have called out of hours and somebody is going to call me back...

You have done the right thing. I would try to get to your doctors in the morning to get an early scan x

Hi there

So sorry to hear what you're going through :(
Thought my story might help reassure you: I'm 8+2 now and had some bleeding/spotting (light pinkish to brownish when wiping and on pantliner) from 5-6 weeks. Had an internal scan and saw blob with heartbeat.
But, the reason for my bleeding was this:
Apparently it's very common for women who've been on the pill for a long time (I was for over 10yrs and came off 2 yrs ago) to develop an ectropion cervix - this means that cells normally in the cervical canal grow out to the cervix, and as these cells are very sensitive, they bleed easily. things like sex or a big poo (!) can set it off, as can the expanding of the uterus in early pregnancy. Or it can be totally unprovoked. Bleeding is usually light pinkish when wiping, or brown to indicate old blood.

Obviously ALL bleeding in pregnancy should be checked out, but I found it helpful to know the above - and slightly flabbergasted that we're not told of this common effect of the pill
Since then I've had no more spotting.

Hope all is okay xx

Try not to worry yourself sick, as the other girls have said bleeding can be normal in early pregnancy. Hope it's nothing to worry about :hugs:

Thanks all. Mistyscott - thanks for letting me know that. I had been on the pill nearly a decade. All the other discharge, until tonight, was brown. And since that first bit of bright red it's brown again. I so hope I am not going to lose this baby.

I am going to see the doctor tomorrow - fingers firmly crossed!!

Thinking of you and hoping it is just a wee speed bump. Fingers crossed for you xx

Thanks all. Mistyscott - thanks for letting me know that. I had been on the pill nearly a decade. All the other discharge, until tonight, was brown. And since that first bit of bright red it's brown again. I so hope I am not going to lose this baby.

I am going to see the doctor tomorrow - fingers firmly crossed!!

glad I could help - it's a horrendously worrying time I know :hugs:
Do you tend to bleed after smear tests? It's another sign of an ectropion cervix... sorry for the personal question!
Fingers crossed for you xx

No, I didn't bleed after a smear. Did you get any discomfort with the bleeding? I am worried but trying not to think the worst.

I found it really hard to tell what I was feeling - pain or normal twinges. The day before I got scanned I had quite painful cramps all day and lower back ache. Once I'd seen my midwife for first time she gave me some advice that miscarrying pains are like labour pains usually (first time for me though!) and come in waves and are generally very painful. Not everyone experiences pain with mc, but bleeding and no pain is a positive sign.
Fingers crossed for you xx

I too have had spotting, and even a day(at 7 weeks) where I had red blood just flowing out of me. Baby is fine. On ultrasound they saw I have a subchorionic bleed which in most cases heals itself with no complications. But, it can cause spotting or even very heavy bleeding with clots. Very scary when you are pregnant! Good Luck

I hope you get good news from your scan. I understand the fear. We're hoping for the best.

Just waiting for 8am so I can call the doctor. Do you think they'll send me for a scan? I'm not sure they will... especially because they think I'm only at 5 weeks (I know I'm not). Fingers crossed - I'd feel happier if they scanned me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->