Scared I'm having a miscarriage...UPDATE PAGE 8

Fingers crossed hon, loads of women bleed in early pregnancy and their beans are just fine. I don't know if they will scan you but I hope so for you. :hugs:

Thank you - I had no idea the first trimester could be so scary.

Just got back from doctors and I told her what I've said here previously. She said I was probably having a miscarriage and nature will take it's course. That's it. No scan, no blood test. Nothing. Feel lost.

you must be kidding me. that is absurd!!! She left you hanging like that? AND she appears very cold - no people skills. How are you now?? still any pain or bleeding?

I'd call your early pregnancy unit hon and tell them how worried you are and ask for a scan!

I think you're doctor has been particularly insensitive and it infuriates me!!!! :(

Sorry you're going through this hon x

Fingers crossed your doctor is wrong. I've heard so many women on here saying they had bleeding and everything turned out ok. I've had brown spotting on and off for the past 2 weeks. Today there was more than usual so I'm pretty worried. No matter how many people have reassured me that its normal I'm still sick with worry. I just wish it would stop. However common it is, seeing blood is so scary. Hope your baby is hanging on in there x x

People are so insensitive! I would go up to your hospital and demand a scan! xxx

And fingers croosed that doctor is very wrong! xxx

Fingers crossed all will be OK Hun. It's an emotional time and a lot of things seem to happen with our bodies that we aren't expecting - lots of women seem to experience spotting/bleeding in early pregnancy and there are a lot of good new stories at the end of it so hopes are with you for your good news story x

Thanks guys - I don't know what to think really. I know there wasn't a lot of blood or brown discharge but she just said I'd have to wait two weeks before they'd do anything.

She just rang me and said she'd rang the EPU and they wouldn't see me until 8 weeks. She said it sounded like there wasn't too much blood so it might well be I'm having a miscarriage but I might not be. I'm booked in for a blood test on Wednesday at 4.20 - she did remind me that this is a snapshot HCG thing and it could be low or high and they wouldn't necessarily be able to tell anything from that but she's going to see me next week.

Obviously if the bleeding gets heavier then I'm to go in and see them but for the time being it's a horrible waiting game.

Sorry you're going through this hun and that your doctor came across rther cold and unhelpful. We are all here for you x

1st tri can be awful, there's so much waiting around you have to do and so much uncertainty. It could be bad news but then it could be nothing, like someone else said, ppl do have bleeding in 1st tri and all is still well.

Have you had any more red blood?

I would suggest getting a private scan but 6 weeks can be too early to see a hb (I didnt see one at 7) and so can cause more worry than it solves

I would get the 8 week EPU appointment booked in so you at least have a target date to aim for x

Hiya!!!

I had really bad bleeding with this pregnancy and passing clots and everything is fine!
some women just bleed hun and go on to having happy and healthy pregnancies x

Thank you kanga. I haven't had any more red - just very minimal brown discharge. I think I'll push for an 8 week scan.

She said the same thing about an early scan - that it can lead to more worry. I think I'll just have to hope for the best and try to accept that what will be will be.

I just keep building my positivity up to have it smacked down - it's horrible. Urgh. Luckily my husband has been really fantastic and supportive. He's taken the day off to be with me and he's saying we should think positively as he doesn't want me to get too stressed.

Hiya!!!

I had really bad bleeding with this pregnancy and passing clots and everything is fine!
some women just bleed hun and go on to having happy and healthy pregnancies x

Thank you - I hope I'm lucky.

sounds like you have a very supportive OH there, keep us updated hun xx

He is great and whatever happens at least I have him. Just want this baby to be sticky and healthy. I will keep you updated.

Hi There
I havent had any bleeing with this pregnancy ( and i am almost 12 weeks now). I did, have bleeding with my 1st and 2nd though. My 1st and 2 nd resulted in two completely healthy boys. But like you, I started with brownish color turning into bright red with both of them and everything was completely fine and the doc said that that happens to some women. I hope this helps you feel better :)

Hi There
I havent had any bleeing with this pregnancy ( and i am almost 12 weeks now). I did, have bleeding with my 1st and 2nd though. My 1st and 2 nd resulted in two completely healthy boys. But like you, I started with brownish color turning into bright red with both of them and everything was completely fine and the doc said that that happens to some women. I hope this helps you feel better :)

It does make me feel better - thank you. Fingers crossed I'm in your boat.

I hope your doctor is wrong, if you get any more bleeding ect maybe you could go to a walk in centre as thats who sent me for a scan they were really good, hpe you have a sticky one :hugs:

I have hadn't any more bleeding but still tiny bits of brown discharge - I'm also feeling some abdominal discomfort but wouldn't call it pain. I'm feeling pretty down - and I just want to know either way. I'm gutted that I could be losing / have lost this baby :(.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->