Scared I'm having a miscarriage...UPDATE PAGE 8

Thank you Lanyloo - unfortunately I won't know anything (save having a full on bleed) for days and it's killing me.

I had a tiny bit of brownish discharge again yesterday morning and nothing the rest of the day. I went for a blood test and saw the doctor last night. He rang the epu and they said that if my HCG levels were above 1000 they'd scan me but if they're below 1000 they want me to have another blood test tomorrow to see if there's a rise or not. Fingers crossed my HCG is above 1000....

My HCG levels were 11,000 so I'm booked in for a transvaginal scan at the epu on Sunday morning.

I should be about 7 weeks by then - if this isn't something horrible like a missed miscarriage or an ectopic, will I be able to see the heart beat? I daren't hope too much but it'd be amazing if I could keep this little one.

Dingo - at 7 weeks you should be able to see a heartbeat if you have a good tech with a newer scanner - I saw my HB/babe around 7 weeks, and then again at 8 weeks because I was having the EXACT same type of bleeding you did. You may not hear it, but the flicker on the screen is unmistakable.

In week 7 I had lots of stringy, brown, disgusting discharge, that started with a few strings of pink mucous. Turns out, I have a fibroid, and it was probably just aggravated by the baby.

They *call* it a 'threatened miscarriage' because they don't have any other terminology. Your HcG looks good (from what I know about it) and I'll bet you're fine :) Hang in there! ! !

Hi Dingo, good luck with your scan im sure if you still have postive preg test and a HCG of 11,000 that must be good signs. I really hope you can see your LO on scan soon!

I have been going through something very similar. I am 7wks (by LMP) but had early sca (midwife - perk althoug i wish i hadnt) as it showed a sac 4-5wks and possibly another much smaller. i had to wait 10days which is not till monday... I have been a wreck since for no reason as lots of ppl are a week or so out on dates...
HOwever... Tue night i woke up feeling very uncomfortable at first i wasnt sure if it was pain from constipation (tmi) or period cramps... then i went to the toilet n notice pinky/red blood. enough to fall into the toilet and when i wiped! I panicked n went to AnE where the pain got worse and turned into stabbing pains which lasted about a hour I had no more blood at all since then except last night and today i have had brown (old blood) discharge when i wipe.

Like you they have labelled it a "threatened miscarriage!" i really hope that everything will be ok. i have been reading other ppls stories and there are so many positive ones. i just hope that we can add to those stories.

Each time i convince myself i will see a little HB at the scan i jsut cant bear the pain if im wrong. We have been trying for this baby a long time and i just couldnt bear to loose it ad worse still go to work and look after ppl and ther babies, esp those that would be same dates as me!!

So much goes through your mind, i have thought of every possible scernario..

Sorry for long post!! This place is keeping me relatively sane!

Good Luck xx

Dingo - at 7 weeks you should be able to see a heartbeat if you have a good tech with a newer scanner - I saw my HB/babe around 7 weeks, and then again at 8 weeks because I was having the EXACT same type of bleeding you did. You may not hear it, but the flicker on the screen is unmistakable.

In week 7 I had lots of stringy, brown, disgusting discharge, that started with a few strings of pink mucous. Turns out, I have a fibroid, and it was probably just aggravated by the baby.

They *call* it a 'threatened miscarriage' because they don't have any other terminology. Your HcG looks good (from what I know about it) and I'll bet you're fine :) Hang in there! ! !

Thank you - that's reassuring. I hope you're right - I really really want to keep this precious little one.

Hi Dingo, good luck with your scan im sure if you still have postive preg test and a HCG of 11,000 that must be good signs. I really hope you can see your LO on scan soon!

I have been going through something very similar. I am 7wks (by LMP) but had early sca (midwife - perk althoug i wish i hadnt) as it showed a sac 4-5wks and possibly another much smaller. i had to wait 10days which is not till monday... I have been a wreck since for no reason as lots of ppl are a week or so out on dates...
HOwever... Tue night i woke up feeling very uncomfortable at first i wasnt sure if it was pain from constipation (tmi) or period cramps... then i went to the toilet n notice pinky/red blood. enough to fall into the toilet and when i wiped! I panicked n went to AnE where the pain got worse and turned into stabbing pains which lasted about a hour I had no more blood at all since then except last night and today i have had brown (old blood) discharge when i wipe.

Like you they have labelled it a "threatened miscarriage!" i really hope that everything will be ok. i have been reading other ppls stories and there are so many positive ones. i just hope that we can add to those stories.

Each time i convince myself i will see a little HB at the scan i jsut cant bear the pain if im wrong. We have been trying for this baby a long time and i just couldnt bear to loose it ad worse still go to work and look after ppl and ther babies, esp those that would be same dates as me!!

So much goes through your mind, i have thought of every possible scernario..

Sorry for long post!! This place is keeping me relatively sane!

Good Luck xx

Good luck to you too - I know what you mean about ever possible scenario. I daren't get my hopes up too much about Sunday and have been thinking about all the other horrible news I could get. Urgh. This place is helping me a lot too xx

Oh babe I know totally how you feel! Im 5 almost 6 weeks pregnant and have been getting brown almost jelly type discharge for a few days. I lost my first child at 14 weeks last year as she wasnt developing,so im worried sick with this one! Ive just been for an early scan and even though there no heartbeat...to early they say... All looked ok, it could just be implantation bleeding! Hang on in there hun xxx

Thank you alex11 - that king of 'jelly' description is exactly how I'd describe mine. It's gross. Though thankfully haven't had anything since yesterday morning. The scariest for me was the bright red blood on Sunday that was there for a couple of wipes. Fingers crossed for us both hun and so sorry to hear about you loss. Hugs xxx

Good news...

Went for the scan today and saw our little pea measuring 4.8mm and with a good heartbeat. They've dated me about 6 weeks + and I'm just so relieved to have seen our little one!

They couldn't explain the spotting or the bleeding - just one of those things.

Here's hoping I have a healthy nine months!

I'm beaming - was so amazing to see the flicker of the heart beating.

Fab news!! So nice to see a happy outcome x x

Thanks guys - I'm really happy. Was so amazing to see our little one's heartbeating - especially after being told last Monday by the doctor that I was probably miscarrying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->