scared of a blighted ovum

Wishing4long

Mom and pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I know it is too early to worry and whatever is going to happen is going to happen. But thankfully the bleed has subsided nad any residuals of it, and according to my doctor my hcg levels are going up appropriately.

I am just so scared it is not the end of it... I am so scared i am going to go to the ultrasound and either not find anything or have no HB. I can't shake the pessimism. Have any of you felt that way? Did any of you have symptoms with a blighted ovum? it is so scary!

I had a blighted ovum in July. When I started bleeding I was about 9 weeks almost 10. I started having cramping that felt like light contractions without a pattern around 7 weeks. I just found out I am 3w3d along now as long as the IC keeps getting darker. I am of course nervous a BO could be in my future again, but trying to be optimistic.

I am so sorry to hear that but also happy that you are pregnant again!!! :) Can I ask you, you didnt have an ultrasound before 9 weeks last time? Did you have any blood work done?

Many women on every pregnancy forum at some point mention bein scared of an empty sac or blighted ovum. I was one of them. I actually cried and grieved because I was SURE I was going to have an empty sac or something along those lines. I had an empty sac, actually I barely had a sac at all 3 years ago. We thought I was 8 weeks pregnant and the ultrasound showed nothing at all. Not even a sac. Went back a week later and there was a tiny black dot which doctor believed may have been the sac. Since then I have had one live borth and bow this pregnancy that is going well so far. Saw baby on ultrasound yesterday and baby is doing great. Wiggling and waving. My doctor told me that blighted ovums or empty sacs although they do happen the chances of you having a heathy pregnancy are greater.

I didnt know they existed until I joined BnB in 2012 while TTC our son and now Im terrified of one!

I know I actually never heard of it until I joined these boards. It is scaring me so much now since my doctor told me first ultrasound isnt until 18 weeks! WTHHHHHHHH I am 5 and a half now, how can I wait so long and not know what is gong on with me? I just htink its crazy. I have a doppler from my previous pregnancy I am going to try it in the next two weeks.

I am so sorry to hear that but also happy that you are pregnant again!!! :) Can I ask you, you didnt have an ultrasound before 9 weeks last time? Did you have any blood work done?

Long story, but my regular doctor left the office and I saw a nurse practitioner who only did the urine and referred me to OB. My OB referral never showed up so I called the OB around 7 weeks to see where it was. They had never received it. They needed proof of a test so I was off and on the phone with the NP's office. The NP had left the practice at some point too and never logged the results! I had to make an extra trip in to pee in a cup again. The week before I was due to see the OB I started bleeding, called them up and they wanted me to come in the next day. I started bleeding more so went to the ER. They did an ultrasound and blood work there. My HCG was only 5,000. The ultrasound did show an egg sac. I thought it showed a fetal pole measuring at 5 weeks but was told later there was none. Everything passed normally when I would have been 10 weeks. I never did get morning sickness or anything. I had to keep convincing myself I was pregnant, so I think in the back of my mind I knew something was not right.

I have only told my husband and one friend this time. I will keep it quiet until I have blood work and an ultrasound. I wanna hear that heart beat before I tell my kids....if I can keep it quiet from them. My daughter (15) tries to read my every thought, so that is going to be hard.

I know I actually never heard of it until I joined these boards. It is scaring me so much now since my doctor told me first ultrasound isnt until 18 weeks! WTHHHHHHHH I am 5 and a half now, how can I wait so long and not know what is gong on with me? I just htink its crazy. I have a doppler from my previous pregnancy I am going to try it in the next two weeks.

Id never heard of BOs or MMCs. They're both scary! Can you go to the ER? They'll scan you. Ive been trying my doppler since Sunday when I turned 7 weeks but no luck yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->