scared of birth 2nd time around

proud mummy

3 boys and pregnant
Reaction score
As the title says...im scared about giving birth again now I know what to expect. I only had gas and air the first time around and I remember saying to myself what ever you do have more pain relief next time.

I am considering an epidural but will be open to what the hospital offers. A lot of people say that the birth is quicker 2nd time around and im scared that I wont be able to get pain relief in time.

I suppose the only thing I can do is make sure my birth plan is clear on pain relief.

Is anyone else feeling like this?

I was scared when my second was born but it wasn't too bad in the end. I had to be induced due to bleeding and managed with only gas and air, good for me seeing as I had an epidural the first time, and everything was ok. Labour was faster, 5 hours as opposed to 18 first time.

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry and if you feel you may need an epidural, go for it! Only thing is you may have a headache afterwards but it soon goes.

My first baby I was in labor for about 32-36Hrs. It was a nightmare I was really scared, I Opted to get a epidural. I hated it afterwards because of the movement restrictions it places on you. (All I wanted to do was get up and shower). Almost 1hr of pushing.

My Second baby I was induced because I went past my due date, From start to finish was about 4hrs. All I had was some oxygen, It was great I am glad I did it without drugs. Took me about 3 pushes to get my son out.

I cant wait to see the difference with this baby, Im not against epidurals I would take one if I was in unbearable pain but for me I like to do it naturally if possible :)

Om me too. I was in labor 7 hours with my son and couildnt take the gas and air as it made me sick so I had pethadine (high as a kite!!). I am terrified of an epidural as I hate the idea of not being able to move, however I do remember when it came to pushing I was begging for an epidural but it was too late.

I have read a bit about this new mobile epidural which I am going to ask my midwife about. I plan on going in ther with an open mind and see how I cope.

As d day gets closer I am getting more scared, strangely I am more affraid of the pain after the birth.... I had a tear and OMG the pain of peeing for the next week was just undiscribable.

For any first time mums reading this...... the pain is worth it and it does seem insignificant when you hold you beautiful baby in your arms! :baby:

I felt ok after my labour with lottie but i had an episiotomy and i will be avoiding that like the plague this time if possible, that was agony at the time and for 2 weeks after!! I didn't like pethadine but loved g&a, i only get scared when i start thinking about it. I was induced so as soon as the pain started i got pain relief, i don't know how i'll cope if i have to stay at home for a while! x

i'm so glad i'm not alone feeling like this and there are others who are scared as well. my DS's birth wasn't a nice experience.29 hour of back to back labor, all the drugs available, stuck on a bed for 29 hours, not allowed to eat or drink anything, an epiosotomy and a ventouse all have contributed to me dreading this birth.

I am desperate to make sure i am not stuck on a bed with many drips in my arm. i'm sure this was the reason DS stayed back to back for so long and hence why it was so painful.

I'm trying not to think about this birth too much until it happens, as i swore i would never have anymore children due to the bad experience but god obviously works in mysterious ways,lol. I'm determined this birth is going to be a positive experience even though i'm scared out my mind.

thanks ladies!!

im trying my best not to think about it. I was chuffed with myself that i had a natural birth with only gas and air. I would love to do it again. I think I will just have to keep my options open and be ready to ask for more pain relief if i need it

Yeah totally, my first was awful. I think that i don't want an epidural as it messed things up last time but i do want one because of the pain. I keep remembering though that you forget the pain quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->