Scared of dying in child birth

Khadijah-x

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Anyone else scared of dying in child birth? I just have this overwhelming fear of my heart not being able to cope with pushing or something happening in my brain from the pressure :dohh:

Is this just me :wacko:

Oh honey don't worry about that believe it or not is women are made for this. It's painful but our bodies do most of the work we just have to help it a little :) you will do great

In the last few days I've got a bit more anxious about this. I have a lot of heart palpitations so of course started thinking that my hearts going to mess up.

I'm trying to reassure myself with affirmations though and basically thinking to myself what the previous poster said about how we are made to do this and women have been doing it for a long time.

Also I guess nowadays if there were likely to be problems, we have so many screening tests etc throughout pregnancy you would think (hope!) any issues would have been spotted.

Hugs xx

Me too! I had pre eclampsia first time round and placental abruption the 2nd! I had to be ventilated for a couple if hours after my emcs last time and am terrified of it happening again! Booked in for an elective cs on the 21st, I just want it over now. Scared of it going wrong for a 3rd time xx

Me too. I have had a fast pulse throughout this pregnancy and have ha extra bloods, ecgs etc to find out why but they have out it down to anxiety. I'm terrified that my heart won't cope and I will have a heart attack, or I will take a reaction to one of the drugs. Or that I will have a blood clot, or a bleed. Basically I am scared of it all!

Logically I know all these things are rare but I can't stop myself panicking - no real advice but I am doing hypnobirthing and it is helping a bit!

I've been having those fears as well.

Fear of my heart giving out (even though I've not been given any reason to believe that it would), or of a UR that will kill one or both us (with vbac), or of an amniotic embolism, or some kind of surgery complication if I have to have a rcs, or not waking up from the anesthesia if I have to be put under for a c section (I was freaking out about that when I had my gallbladder out shortly after having DD - it took me a few hours to wake up, but that was probably more from my exhaustion rather than any kind of medical complication).

Yes I'm petrified!!!! Only because this is my 4th c-section that I need to have because I have a coiled brain aneurysm. I'm not allowed a natural vaginal delivery because of the pressure from pushing. I'm also not allowed a general anaesthetic (asleep) because of the pressure that causes on the brain also... I'm now anaemic, I have a blood clotting disorder called thrombocytopenia so my blood doesn't clot as good, I also have developed a fast rate 110-135... And due to it being section number 4 I have lots of scar tissue and therefore a section takes longer and the old scar tissue tends to bleed a lot more than usual... So I'll be in theatre a good while, will need a spinal and a epidural so they can top up as my spinal will wear off!!! I will also need bloods before, during and quite possibly after. I refused to listen to the aneathetist when he started on percentage of risks for this and that including death :(... I just can't wait to get it over and done with. So not looking forward to it at all x

I would say unless you have a condition that could cause one of those your body will take care of you! We are meant for this! This is the first time I've had worries, but it's 6 years since my last and having twins gave me a whole new craziness of what ifs! I'm just trying to stay relaxed and calm.

:hugs: Ladies, we are all going to be fine. Please dont try to worry xx

Wow.... its not nice to know others feel the same but it'd quite refreshing to know I'm not alone! I think I'll mention it to my MW as in my birth plan I'm going to put I want lots of reassurance during the labour to keep me sane!

Hypnobirthing is definitly something I want to look in to aswell. I wanted to go into the midwife led birthing centre instead of the labour ward but my anxiety is making me feel like I should be in the hospital environment incase something goes wrong "/

You are not alone Hun. All we can do is trust in ourselves and our bodies. Remind yourself when you can that our bodies are amazing and were made for this. :hugs:

Me too!!! I didnt feel it so much during my first pregnancy, but now I look at DD and think "what will happen to her if i die?!". And the fact that I cant handl pain doesnt help at all :-(

Eek! I suppose it's VERY natural to feel this way but feels like the thoughts are 'warning' me. Silly I know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->