scared of lo and Bfing

jaytee146

Blessed mommy to a beautiful girl and growing lo
Reaction score
I reluctantly set out for work this past week, and left my lo in the hands of her Godfather's mother who's now her sitter. this was very idea as my lo took to his mother almost instantly, they stay minutes away from me and his mother isn't caring for any other child but mine. i dropped my lo off monday and cried the entire day in my office. i rushed to the sitter's home and found my lo there cooing and playing. i discovered she took four five oz bottles and as the sitter said she was a complete dream! tuesday she only took a bottle and a half and screamed the entire nite. wed and thursday she took three bottles and that nite she screamed the entire time. when i get to the sitter she's awesome and i get her she'sa mess. Idk why she screams so much but it.'s bothering! we now struggle at Bfing because she get's angry that it.'s taking so long for my let down and when she does latch it.'s perfect. she feeds for a little while and cries for hours. she had started only waking for Bf and nite but since i've gone back to work she now wakes screaming and won't latch for a feed. i'm using slow flow nipple's and i don't know what else to try. i really feel like my lo doesn't like going to me as she constantly cries and when we have to feed i get scared that i won't have enough and that i won't be able to satisfy her. i use to really enjoy Bfing but now i cringe when it.'s time. i don't want to ff and i Can.t confide in my mom as she's been pushing for ff. i express three to four times a day at work and i miss my lo so much. i'm just nervous to be around her now. especially since i feel like she doesn't want anything to do with me :shrug: what's wrong with me guy's?:nope:

Oh poor you :hug: that sounds awful. Have you tried a bottle of ebm at night?

That's tough. I initially thought it might be your milk slowing down and being faster from a bottle but if you are expressing 3-4 times a day then that shouldn't be the issue. It could just be a growth spurt, my LO used to scream at me and get frustrated when he went through growth spurts because the milk didn't come in fast enough. Stick with it for another few days and see if things settle down a little. Hugs x

i haven't tried a ebm bottle at nite. she won't take bottles from me at all. i have to be completely out the room when she takes a bottle. if not she cries. . . i'm hoping it.'s a growth spurt i really am trying to stay encouraged and it makes me feel awesome knowing that since i Can't be there she can still enjoy my milk. when she Bf she feeds for a few minutes at a time but when she takes a bottle she takes five ounces in one sitting

Oh! If it helps my LO only feed for 5 minutes from me but takes 4oz or more from a bottle. You're doing really well expressing that much you know! x

I wonder whether because you are stressed and tense your let down is slower? Will be interesting to see how it is at the weekend when she is with you all the time. Don't lose heart, it sounds like you are doing an amazing job and I am sure that you and LO will make the adjustment and overcome this blip. :hugs:

This probably isn't much help but when I was a baby my mum left me with a childminder and I was fine there as far as she knows and was always happy to go and was fine when she picked me up but at night I'd just scream and scream which was unlike me as I had slept through from very young. She changed childminders and I was fine :shrug: I know it doesn't help your situation but sometimes children just don't click with their minders. Perhaps try someone else for a day and see what happens?

Could she possibly be getting a lot of wind from the bottles during the day that's upsetting her in the evening and night? BFing might be uncomfy for her if she's all windy? Just a thought. You could try different bottles perhaps. As a PP said, will be interesting to see how you go over a weekend. Best of luck.

When my daughter first got a bottle, it made breastfeedng a nightmare. She fought it, would shake her head back and forth and scream.... I was in tears. It took a good week and a half or two weeks to get her back to breastfeeding happily... I had to try different nipples, and then finally had to 'trick' her by giving her a bottle, and then once she 'got going', doing a quick switcheroo from bottle to breast. I know you said she wont' take a bottle from you, but my point was just that it DID get better...it was a fight for awhile, she just wanted the bottle, but I stuck with it and we did get back to breastfeeding with ease, and then she switched back and forth from bottles to breastfeeding and back like a pro.
I hardly remember a time I was more stressed, though. :nope: Hang in there, Mama! :hugs:

She did well this weekend.. and just when I somewhat got my confidence... We're back to a 40 hour work week :dohh: I can do this... I can do this!! I'm a winner I'm a winner :haha:

Hope you're getting on ok. Well done bfing and working full time. Really can't imagine how tough that is, you're doing amazingly

You're doing amazing! It's incredibly difficult to work full-time and continue bfing! My midwife made it sound so simple, just pump at work and feed otherwise. Just not quite that simple!

Is she napping properly at the sitters? Maybe she is coming back to you extremely overtired? :hugs:

Glad it has got better for you, was going to say it takes some time to settle down but just wanted to check you were still using the newborn teats on the bottles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->