Scared to test

Jmxswack

Reaction score
I've been lurking a while and this is my first post. My husband and I are ttc #1 and have been trying for 4 cycles. We agreed that we would wait to test for a late period when we started trying. But then last month I was a week late, 2 bfn. I must have ovulated late.

So anyway, this tww I have been having a TON of symptoms. Boobs so sore I'm icing them, bleeding gums, vivid dreams, and cramping starting 5dpo.

We're going to be on vacation tomorrow (Friday) but my period is due Monday. We're going with family who don't know we're ttc and I can't exactly test there if we are late.

Would you wait or test tomorrow? I feel like I convinced myself last cycle that I was pregnant because I was a week late and I wasn't. I just hate to think that all of these symptoms aren't a sign of pregnancy either. So I'm nervous about testing.

Hi hun.

Personally I found the more I looked for symptoms the more I had. After 3 months of people telling me I was pregnant when I wasn't and seeing bfn after bfn I stopped testing until the day af is due or the day before. I'm guessing you aren't tracking ovulation yet so I would definitely start tracking. That way you will find out how long your luteal phase is (shouldn't change month to month) and you'll know when af is actually due. I'd wait until you get back from vacation and just have some fun. If you haven't gotten af by the time you're back take a test. Then you won't be stressing the whole time. Again it's only my opinion.

Good luck hun

I track my ovulation using my bbt.

But thank you so much for the advice. I was leaning that way, too. I think what's swaying me is 1. It's my husband's birthday Saturday and that would be a great surprise for him 2. I want to know if I can drink with the rest of the first!

Oh well. It might be better to wait.

You can drink until you find out. Really many women drink anyway and others don't know their pregnant until further down the road. My coworkers wife didn't know for 4 months that she was pregnant...got her af right on time every month. So I wouldn't worry too much. When I first started ttc I stopped all alcohol and coffee. 6 months in and now I have a drink at night if I want. A beer or glass or wine or whatever. No more than 1 but why bother stressing until there's something to stress about. At the end of the day though it's all up to what you feel is best and what you want to do. Can always stash a test and test on vacation. No one would go in the bathroom while you're showering right? Lol

Personally I would wait to test. IF you get a BFN...it will make you sad, and maybe without reason because it could just be a bit too early to test! Better chance of an accurate result on Monday.

After many months of BFNs....I prefer to keep hope alive until the day AF is due...but that's just me!

Thanks guys! I'll wait and see. Not worth ruining vacation over if I get a bfn.

I'll just pack both tests and tampons. :p

Good thinking jmx!

I'm also feeling super nervous about testing as I hate BFNs so much!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->