• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Scared to try for baby number 2!

Sophm88

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to know other people's views and feelings on my situation. I currently have a 6 year old from a previous relationship, myself and my ex husband tried for her for just over a year then he left me for someone else when I was 6 months pregnant. I raised by daughter on my own up until just over 4 years ago when I got into a relationship with one of my friends. We have been together ever since and just moved into our first home.

We have decided we would like to try for a baby (after finding out I have polysystic ovaries) but I am so scared!! I'm scared of going through labour again and so nervous of the thought of the same thing happening again! I know my current partner is 100 times the man my ex was and dotes on me and my daughter. I just can't stop the feeling of being so scared! Anyone else felt this way?

Hi,

Just wanted to know other people's views and feelings on my situation. I currently have a 6 year old from a previous relationship, myself and my ex husband tried for her for just over a year then he left me for someone else when I was 6 months pregnant. I raised by daughter on my own up until just over 4 years ago when I got into a relationship with one of my friends. We have been together ever since and just moved into our first home.

We have decided we would like to try for a baby (after finding out I have polysystic ovaries) but I am so scared!! I'm scared of going through labour again and so nervous of the thought of the same thing happening again! I know my current partner is 100 times the man my ex was and dotes on me and my daughter. I just can't stop the feeling of being so scared! Anyone else felt this way?

Its totally understandable that you would be feeling worried about it happening again. I get that. Though, like you said, he is 100 times more of a man than your ex was. I'm worried of the thought of being a single parent again, if things dont work out with my partner. Thing is, we will get nowhere by feeding these fears and we can't let it stop us from enjoying these big life changes. I would talk to your partner and express your worries to him but try to be hopeful. You sound like you're in good hands anyway.

I agree. Talking to your partner seems to be a good idea. Share your fears and see what he'll tell you. I think he knows that you have been struggling raising your daughter all alone and loves you for that so he'll never make you go through something like this again, not in a million years. However, hearing this from his mouth might be more reassuring for you, so don't hesitate to talk to him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"