scared to ttc

imtattedup

Reaction score
I heard and have read too many sad stories of women trying and getting pregnant with thyroid disorders. They always end with a miscarriage or still birth or the mother and baby dying. I have already lost two babies in the past. Then there's the constant tests that you have to get done while pregnant. Anyone else going through this.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss :(

I do not have thyroid issues myself, however, my best friend's sister is 31 and has thyroid issues as well as a thin cervix. Her chances of getting pregnant were pretty low and she was TTC for at least a year. Well she finally just got pregnant with a baby boy and is due in May. Other than going to the doctor more frequently (for her thin cervix problem) she is expected to have a healthy baby and she is doing great.

So don't get discouraged... every situation is different.. just keep yourself healthy and take your vitamins and thyroid medicines as directed! Maybe even talk to your doctor to express your concerns. They may be able to give you more insight as to what you should be doing. Best of luck to you!!:flower:

Hi :)
I have an underactive thyroid, and i luckily had no problems/complications with both my pregnancies. I had a fair few blood tests throughout the pregnancies to make sure my levels of levothyroxine was enough & all was ok.
I was diagnosed with epilepsy when i was 5 weeks pregnant with my youngest, so that was extremely scary. Again, i was so very lucky to have a healthy pregnancy & a perfect, healthy baby.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->