Scared we won't be able to.... :(

JamieRose

Reaction score
I am scared that when we do try to have a baby we won't be able to... My man is under weight he has been his whole life... He weighs less then I do. He also has a spotty past and has been smoke pot and cigarettes for over three years. He is working with an addictions councillor to quit before we try for a baby, but I'm scared to much damage might already have been done. He and his last gf had tried for a baby for a few month, and two months after they split she was pregnant with another guy... I'm scared them damage is done and we will never have one of our own.

Don't worry , I think you should ask your physicians they will guide you with best advice needed as this situation.

I think all people worry about this. We did as well.

Until you get to that point, don't stress. There are lots of doctors that can help in that field.

You need to make sure he works on his addictions first and foremost, so you can ensure you have a stable home to bring a child into.

I don't think what you have listed are strong indicators of likely trouble for him being fertile. :hugs: I would try not to worry about that bridge until you come to it!

There could have been some incompatibility between them that prevented them from getting pregnant, but let her get pregnant with another guy. My husband tried for a year with his ex-fiance, and she ended up getting pregnant right away with her next boyfriend. Hubby was worried that something was wrong with him, but he got me pregnant on our second cycle of trying.

It's also not uncommon for it to take 6-12 months to get pregnant for a normal, healthy couple. So until you've been trying for awhile I wouldn't worry about it. :flower:

I think we all worry about this.

My ex and I have three children together. Our first was conceived the first month we were together, our second was conceived after two months of coming off birth control, and our third was conceived a year after coming off birth control. Sometimes it just takes a little longer. Twelve months is still considered a normal timeframe. It doesn't always happen the first couple months :flower:

Hey there! Let me ease your fears! I know it's near impossible to not worry, but I was in your exact shoes. I was completely convinced we would never be able to have kids. Firstly, my OH is underweight, smokes cigarettes, and has been a regular weed smoker since he was 11. We have never used condoms and for the first 3+ years of our relationship we used the pull out method, with never any pregnancy! Then we decided to ttc, so for two months we had sex multiple times around the time I thought I ovulated, and nothing! On top of that, my boyfriend has clear semen, never white, and doesn't produce a ton, so I was convinced he was infertile and maybe even I was (my periods were getting more irregular). Then I decided we should quit trying. We never went back to the pull out method but we weren't actively trying either. Then 8-9 months went by, and lo and behold, I had a spare test, and I figured I'd test and it was positive! I was completely shocked, as I just believed I wouldn't get pregnant. After all, we'd been using pull out for so long with no accidents, and then took almost another year without any prevention before I fell pregnant. I am now 9 weeks and have seen baby on the ultrasound, so I know it is real. So the moral of my story is, NEVER make yourself believe you wont be able to get pregnant, even with your bf's situation, and even if you feel like you should be pregnant already. I thought with my age and the high rates of conceiving, that after around 4 months of regular sex the odds were high that I should have been pregnant already, but it took months more before it actually happened. Ohh, and if it helps at all, you can look back at my posts in ttc from December of last year from when I tried for a couple months before giving up. In one of them I brought up my bf's semen, I was very worried I'd never be able to get pregnant! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->