• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Scared!

bumpy22

Baby Palmer due 18/06/14
Reaction score
I'm already petrified about labour! Surely I'm not the only one :) :cry::cry:? xxxxxx

I'm right there with you :haha::blush:

I had a really bad freak out at the beginning of pregnancy, but then decided that I couldn't spend the next 9 months obsessing over it!

Enjoy your pregnancy...it goes by faster than you think! :hugs: You still have plenty of time to mentally prepare yourself for birth :hugs:

You're deff not the only one! A few weeks ago I couldn't sleep for thinking about it, and when I did manage I used to wake up crying. I then spoke to the lovely ladies on here and got myself sorted. I've made a brief plan of what I would like and that has made me feel tonnes better. I've got a Tens machine ready for early labour. I've also requested the birthing pool at the hospital. If that's not possible and I'm really not coping then I willing have an epidural. At the end of the day, baby is coming out and it's all about your mindset. You were built to do this and you will. Just believe in yourself a little more! There are pain killers there if you need them and lots of support from the mw's. Chin up and think of that first cuddle with your tiny little bundle you've been busy making. It will all be worth it :-D xxx

Thanks ladies! I know, some days I am excited about it because I know at the end of it my life will change and we will have our bundle of joy, but others I am petrified. I don't deal with pain very well as a whole lol. But I'm sure I will get there! xxxxxx

I'm terrified too... Sometimes I wake up and can't get baco to sleep thinking about it haha x

Don't stress! Yes it hurts like mad, but I managed a back to back labour with DD and only gas and air and believe me I'm no hero! Just go in with an opened mind about what you may or may not need and you will cope!

That said I'm not looking forward to doing it again but I know its worth it!

It hurts at the time but seriously I really did not believe ladies that said oh its fine you forget that pain .. I thought that was bull! But its actually true .. I had a 52 hour back to back labour. I had to be transferred to another hospital by ambulance when I was 9.5cm, then had forceps .. with no pain relief! (I am a complete wimp with pain normally!) And I would 10000% do it again! Please do not worry, girls you will be fine our bodies are designed to give birth, natures pretty amazing :) XX

You'll be fine! Labour can be painful (but not always!) but it's a funny sort of pain, it's not like pain when you've hurt yourself- there are breaks, and you know the end is in sight. Remember you can have pain relief if you need it too :)

It is scary but actually when it happens you just don't have time to think about it. I was induced and when they took me to the labour ward (I was having contractions and had my waters broken at 4cm) I remember thinking oh my gosh this is where my baby will be born (Sod's law I ended up with an emcs so she wasn't born there!) and panicked. When my contractions became stronger following my waters being broken it did hurt...a lot... But I honestly think I managed much better as I took it as it came; I had no plans regarding pain relief and didn't put any pressure on myself to do it this was or do it that way.

As I say you just don't have time to think about it because there's so much going on and you're managing the pain yourself psychologically to get through it. You'll be fine, I promise, everyone's scared of the unknown xx

Don't be scared ladies I was bricking it as soon as my waters went as I knew any minute now I as gone to have my first contraction but when I was actually getting contractions yes I was in serious pain but I wasn't scared I was excited and it amazing how your body tells you what to do my midwife told me absolutely nothing she didn't even tell me how dilated I was because my waters had gone before labour I was prone to infection, I said I needed to push she said do it then lol and 30 min later my baby boy was born and the feeling of meeting your baby for first time is amazing .... I had gas and air and pethadine, gas and air did really help x

I'm already petrified about labour! Surely I'm not the only one :) :cry::cry:? xxxxxx

You aren't the only one by any stretch of the imagination - I was exactly the same as you, I ended up in my doctor's surgery bawling my eyes out I was so scared, and that was before even TTC! The biggest piece of advice I could give you is to have a look at Natal Hypnotherapy. I used it and went from this snivelling scared poor soul to a confident and calm woman who actively planned a homebirth, which I achieved with no pain and no pain relief having worked all day in labour! It really helped my to have confidence in my body - at the end of the day, your body is designed to do this, and in exactly the same way as you body knows how to nurture your child inside you without you having to actively do anything, you body also knows how to birth your baby. The freedom from fear that the Natal Hypnotherapy gave me is second only to the completely pain free experience I had bringing my LO into the world, and I would recommend it to anyone.
My birth story is linked in my siggy, but if you have any more questions about the Natal Hypnotherapy, feel free to shout me. :flower:

People are always talking about the pain of labour but they often forget to tell you how exhilarating it is too. The hormones have you really pumped up. Before LO was born I thought labour and birth was something I just had to get through to have cuddles with LO but it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, call me crazy but I'll actually look forward to it next time.

I am such a wimp but I made it through with no pain meds at all. Yeah it hurt but honestly it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.. If I can do it anyone can!

your not alone this is my second and i am terrified. I wasnt the first time around, and i know ill be fine when the time comes but its just the build up now. I had to walk past the labour ward yesterday and i had a mini panic attack lol. x

You can and will get through it. Don't spend time worrying about it or being scared. Our bodies are made for going through birth. You will find the strength and grit to get through. Try and focus on being pregnant and your sweet little one. I was scared too, but when it came down to it I just focused on breathing and relaxing. It will be okay, and you certainly aren't alone. <3

I was terrified too, to begin with! I found that the more I educated myself about what was happening and the different stages of pregnancy and birth the calmer I got. Doing a Lazy Daisy class (well, 2 terms!) really suited me and was a lot of fun at the same time.
Fear is usually coming from a place of misunderstanding and uncertainty. Do something about them and the fear should reduce. x

don't worry labour hurts but it will be over and you will have your baby :) Try to think that your labour might be a lot shorter and easier than you think.

I was expecting a looooong labour but mine was only 4 hours :D It was super painful at the time as I went natural but what they say is right and I actually do not remember the pain at all.

Labour and delivery is not the hard part, newborn stage is ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"