Scared.

lisaalove

Reaction score
Just got my bfp. Now im just worried. What if something goes wrong is all I can think about. Well on top of that I leave my state to go visit some family in two and a half weeks. When ill be hitting 6 weeks. I didn't want to tell anyone in my family I was pg till I was in my second trimester. But I will be with them for 5 weeks! Virtually the whole morning sickness period. I know my mother will find out. She has been able to tell me every time I've been pg before I even know! Its all sp stressful... im glad it happened but of course it had to happen right when I go to visit them all. Now it will practically be impossible to hide it.

Hi lisalove
I came across your post and thought you are in a vey similar situation to me. I am 5 weeks and don't want to tel anyone just yet. As I am also concerned of something happening. Waiting until the second trimester. I am currently on vacation with my family and having a hard time keeping it a secret. Getting lots of quizzing looks as to why I can't drink or why I can only eat certain foods. Or why I have to pee every hour. So far I've been able to keep it hush hush. But I think they may have caught on And waiting for me to come out with the news. Try not to stress about it! If you need a confidant feel free to message me:thumbup::hugs: best of luck

Being scared is totally normal...youre carrying a human being inside you...how can you not be? Hang in there! The fun stuff has yet to come!:)-):):)

..and also, not telling your family until the second tri won't change the outcome of the pregnancy. it will just make you feel more isolated and lost and make you have less support in case sth goes wrong.

personally, after experiencing two losses, i find that it's much worse to break the news by saying "you know, i was pregnant" when they start asking why are you so sad out of nothing, then share the good news first. at least all of you get to experience a bit of joy and excitement and you definitely gain quite some support from them, whatever the outcome.

I agree. After 2 fairly late losses I was so grateful for the support from my family. Having said that, we haven't officially told anyone yet this time as I don't think I can say the words without crying! But I know my sis knows because I'm not drinking and refused to eat prawns :haha:
I think you should tell them but ask them not to make a big fuss or talk about it if that's what you want, and obviously they don't tell anyone else. Have a lovely time and get pampered a lot whilst you can!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->