Scared

Chanelamari

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I’m 17 and about 6 weeks. pregnant. I just found out today and told my mom and my boyfriend. My boyfriend was very supportive and great when I told him. My mom however did not take it very well (understandably). I am still in high school and I know I for sure want to keep this baby. I am just unsure on how to tell my dad (who I know will freak out) and just how to handle this big news in general.

Welcome! I had my first at 17 and had the same reactions you have had so far. I didn't tell my dad, my mum did thankfully. My mum took it really badly for a few weeks but slowly started to come around when she realised I was definitely continuing with the pregnancy. My dad took it very badly and did not talk to me until I was in my third trimester but now he absolutely adores my kids and as soon as my eldest was born he was ecstatic. It is really hard in the beginning though but usually it does get easier as family get used to the fact that their baby is having a baby because it is understandably a huge and shocking thing for them too and they need their own time to process it, just like you. Anyway, I told my dad in person with my second and got a better reaction (though probably because it was the second time!) where he just told me it was my life and gave me a hug. I hope things go well with telling your dad. :hugs:

I'm now 24 and my eldest is almost 7 and I'm happy to answer any questions if you have any.

Welcome! I had my first at 17 and had the same reactions you have had so far. I didn't tell my dad, my mum did thankfully. My mum took it really badly for a few weeks but slowly started to come around when she realised I was definitely continuing with the pregnancy. My dad took it very badly and did not talk to me until I was in my third trimester but now he absolutely adores my kids and as soon as my eldest was born he was ecstatic. It is really hard in the beginning though but usually it does get easier as family get used to the fact that their baby is having a baby because it is understandably a huge and shocking thing for them too and they need their own time to process it, just like you. Anyway, I told my dad in person with my second and got a better reaction (though probably because it was the second time!) where he just told me it was my life and gave me a hug. I hope things go well with telling your dad. :hugs:

I'm now 24 and my eldest is almost 7 and I'm happy to answer any questions if you have any.
Thank you for answering my questions. That was very comforting to know somebody was here to help and listen. This seems like the kind of thing I really can’t prepare for moving forward. Once your first born was here were you scared? What did you do?

I wasn't really, I had gotten very used to the idea throughout my pregnancy. I also had already left school and home when I fell pregnant so I think that made it a bit easier to prepare for as my ex worked and I just had all this time to get ready for the changes. Don't get me wrong, it was scary but for me, my son gave me a reason to better myself, grow up and stop acting in the reckless way that I was so I was excited by the change and the chance to do so, I know this isn't the case at all for everyone though.

Hey everyone. I’m 17 and about 6 weeks. pregnant. I just found out today and told my mom and my boyfriend. My boyfriend was very supportive and great when I told him. My mom however did not take it very well (understandably). I am still in high school and I know I for sure want to keep this baby. I am just unsure on how to tell my dad (who I know will freak out) and just how to handle this big news in general.

I was 17 when I had my first baby. I was in the exact same situation. My boyfriend was very supportive and my mom was understandably upset. I was scared to death to tell my father, he took it better than I thought he would, I guess I did not give him enough credit in my own mind. He did not want me to keep the baby, however, I told him I was keeping my baby, eventually he came around. My son is 36 years old now and what joy he brought to my life and the lives of my parents and his father. Even now he and my father are best friends, they do everything together. You are awesome and you can do this. You are a strong lady and this baby will fill your heart and the lives of others with much joy. If you would like a resource to read just let me know and I will message it to you, I can pass some things of encouragement to read along. Prayers for you and your family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->