• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Scarlet Fever!!

amyleigh89

Bun No.2 in the oven.
Reaction score
Hubby and DD have been diagnosed with Scarlet Fever (who even knew that was still around) today and I have everything crossed it doesn't pass on to me.

They are Ok. Rash, sore throat and a fever but hopefully nothing pain killers and antibiotics won't fix. I on the other hand feel like I'm dying and am struggling just to get through each day. If I get this I may just have to run away for a week to a dingy b&b somewhere and hide under the duvet!!

I don't remember it being this bad with DD. do symptoms get worse second time?

Has anybody been diagnosed with Scarlet Fever in pregnancy?

Xx

Isn't scarlet fever a strain of strep?? That's funny they would call it that, lol. Not that it makes anyone less miserable. Hope you all feel better soon!!

If it were me, I'd be calling the OB and explaining the situation, and asking family members to come help care for the sick ones. Lots and LOTS of handwashing and sanitizing. I'd have a can of lysol anda bottle of purell attached to my hip. Gloves and a mask would not be out of order for me.

I'd at the very least call the OB/GYN and tell them you have two people in your house with scarlet fever and have been exposed.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Scarlet-fever/Pages/Introduction.aspx

You'll be fine, baby will be fine, rest up, keep your temperature down and visit the doctor for antibiotics if you get it. :hugs:
Xx

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Scarlet-fever/Pages/Introduction.aspx

You'll be fine, baby will be fine, rest up, keep your temperature down and visit the doctor for antibiotics if you get it. :hugs:
Xx

Yeah, I tend to worry a bit when it comes to germs. DS got HFMD when I was pregnant last time and I freaked. Lysoled everything that would stand still and was washing hands until they were raw. He ususally sleeps in the bed with me and DH so I slept in the guest room.

Didn't make a difference...I didn't get HFMD but still ended up having a MC for unrelated reasons.

I just panic a little about germs. I hate getting sick and fear it when pregnant.

I was paranoid about having chicken pox with ds, I never had it and it's not routinely vaccinated here.
I wasn't immune, I ended up getting vaccinated last year.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"