SCARY DAY!!!! Was in car accident 9 months pregnant.

Jcliff

Reaction score
today as such a terrifying and long day. I got into a car accident around 1:30. Totaled my entire car. I was fine at first just shaken up and scared for baby. The police office at the scene insisted I go to hospital just to be checked out since I was pregnant...They took me in an ambulance to the local hospital in the town I was in . ( I was in my hometown to celebrate grandmothers birthday, about an hour from where i current live with my husband.) Anyway, when I go there I started to get some cramping ive never felt before. This being my first pregnancy I have no idea what contractions even feel like. Anyway, after being checked out in the ER, the dr came in and told me they called my OB and he wanted me transported all the way back to my current town where he was. So I was in an hour long ambulance ride with these awful cramps in my back and stomach. We finally got to the other hospital, where I as hooked up to a monitor for 5 hours!!! The dr told me that the cramping I was having was contractions, and baby's heart rate was high. I was told I was put into trauma induced labor. I was SOO afraid. I was basically told to prepare for full labor to start soon. well eventually contractions slowed, and baby's heartbeat stabilized and i was discharged. What a scary day!! I need some sleep! I guess baby will cook a few more days

Oh my gosh...I'm so glad you and your baby were safe! Are the people in the other car ok too?

:hugs:

Wow, that is scary. Did the air bag inflate? So glad you and the baby are okay!

oh god hun, thank goodness you and baby are ok, xxx

Oh my goodness! Glad you are both ok xxx That must have been so scary!

ow wow! thats gotta be so scary! I am very happy for you and the baby, someone is looking after you! <3

Glad you and baby are ok. What a scary experience :hugs:

Eep! Glad you guys are okay :hugs:

Wow, just saw this post right now. Glad you and baby are both ok! That's the good news. How scarey! Sorry to hear about your car, but that can get sorted out. Im Surprised your contractions stopped. She needs to cook a bit more I guess. Get lots of rest and take care of yourself.

Omg! This is my worst nightmare, I got weepy just reading about it! (Previously traumatized in crash years ago) So glad you and baby are ok!

Thanks everyone. I slept really well last night for the first time in 9 months! LOL best nights sleep ive had in a while! Contractions are still gone, was kind of hoping they would have started back up again. I have a bruise on my stomach from seat belt. Its actually a god sent the air backs didnt deploy like they should have because it would have done more damage. My hand has a huge black and blue welt on it from the iv yesterday. Dr was having trouble putting in needle due to swelling :( other then that im still tired! Homebound since i have no car so most likely relaxing / sleeping all day!

Oh my goodness, you poor thing. Glad you and lo are doing ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->