Scary experience last night :-(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Jetset, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Jetset

Jetset Well-Known Member

I woke up at 2am this morning with really bad cramping and I was sweating all over my body... Obviously, being just under 5 weeks I thought the worst, but when I went to the toilet there was no discharge or blood.

I managed to get myself back to sleep after a lot of tummy rubbing and have woken up this morning absolutely fine but feeling pretty bloated with a rather impressive paunch!

I now suspect last night's pain was trapped wind... I used to get it when I was a kid, but have not had it for quite some time. Can pregnancy cause trapped wind? (sorry if tmi)

2. YoungMummy18

YoungMummy18 Me, DD1 && DD2

Yes definitely!!! My mum suffered with my brother x

3. bubba03

bubba03 Active Member

Yes! Although I am getting so hot lately my OH swears blind he could cook stuff on me and can't stand to get too close. You maybe the same heat wise?

4. Caiti

Caiti Well-Known Member

Yea, I've heard alot of women on here complaining about trapped wind and I'm pretty sure the same thing happened to me yesterday night! Woke up feeling quite terrible with cramps, couldn't sleep for ages, but felt fine the next day x

5. Jetset

Jetset Well-Known Member

Thanks guys... Feel back to normal this morning just a bit delicate when I poke and prod my tummy (but I remember as a kid this would happen the following day). It is just this rather obvious paunch which gave it all away!

6. dreamer1978

dreamer1978 Guest

Glad you're doing better. I had terrible cramping last night and called my doctor yesterday and the nurse said that it happens a lot. She said that if it happens again to go to the ER just for reassurance.