Scary panic moment...

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by andbabymakes3, Jan 30, 2011.

1. andbabymakes3

andbabymakes3 Just me and my girl

Holly has had a niggly cough off and on recently and has developed a lovely habit of randomly holding her breath sometimes...

This evening she was sat on the floor eating a biscuit with her milk and had a little coughing fit, made a weird sort of strangled chokey sound - and then she stopped breathing - I picked her up and patted her on the back a couple of times and she still didn't breathe - and I had a little panic, put her over my knee and whacked her between the shoulder blades like I was shown by the hv - and she started screaming crying. Proper sobbing.

Nothing came out, there was nothing in her mouth when I checked after - and now I'm sat here feeling so guilty that I frightened her and made her cry when all she was doing was holding her breath. :cry::cry::cry:

2. Windmills

Windmills Well-Known Member

:hugs: you weren't to know! Imagine if you'd assumed she was holding her breath when really she was choking. Maybe that'd be something to feel bad about, but this definitely isn't :hugs:

3. MissBroody

MissBroody Well-Known Member

Don't worry - you did the right thing, you weren't to know she wasn't actually choking on something. Imagine if she were? It's better safe than sorry. Harrison does this too and it scares the hell out of me. He'll be eating food, then cough and make choking noises whilst going beetroot red and not breathing - every time I absolutely panic and whack his back.
    xx

4. CormacksGirl

CormacksGirl Mum to Adam & #2 on the w

You did everything right!! Better safe than sorry!!x

5. A3my

A3my I am so lucky!

I would have done the same :hugs:

6. OmarsMum

OmarsMum Well-Known Member

7. tu123

tu123 Well-Known Member

Oh-heart in throat moment for you!

I would have done the same. You reacted quickly and did the right thing!:thumbup:

8. MrsNovBaby

MrsNovBaby Well-Known Member

I would have done the same too xx HUGS xx