SCH - Sub Choronic Hematoma - PLEASE HELP

fluterby429

Reaction score
I'm 11w3d along. Last week after sex I bled quite a bit. Went to ER, baby was fine cervix closed and they didn't know why I was bleeding and told me pelvic rest. I saw my doctor this Monday heard baby did blood work had PAP done. All was well. Last night after a bath I laid down in bed and felt like water was coming out of me. I went to the bathroom and a small sized blood clot came out with quite a bit of blood. I had another fish of blood when I got out of the car at the ER. The bleeding slowed if I stayed in bed. When the doctor checked my cervix another gush of blood came out. I was so sure this was the end.

My u/s showed baby fine with a heart rate in the 160's. The tech even snuck me a picture. However, I knew something was wrong bc she was telling me not to lift my arms above my head, carry anything and basically stay laying down flat. She wouldn't tell me why though because she wasn't supposed to tell me anything.

The doctors finally told me that I have a small SCH and diagnosed me with a threatened miscarriage. She said to go home and be in complete bed rest and call my OB in the morning.

Can anyone tell me a positive story about this? I'm terrified.

Sorry I have no advice but I really hope your baby is ok :hugs: xx

I had a few episodes of bleed with my second pregnacy. First episode was at 12 weeks, that's where they diagnosed me with a SCH and told me essentially the same thing, rest, nothing vigorous..... At 17 weeks I had another bleed episode and was told it was the SCH clearing itself (the body can absorb the pocket of blood or bleed it out).

Depending on where the SCH is is what determines the severity. The bleeding episodes were worrisome but I had my daughter at 37 weeks and 2 days and he was amazing and is now 5.

I had bleeding on and off between 5 and 7 weeks and ended up being diagnosed with an SCH. From what I've read, it only increases the risk of MC about 1-3%, and if it's "small" then the risk of miscarriage is even less than that. Some doctors seem to take it more seriously than others, but it seems to clear up on its own in almost all cases. My doctors told me there was no reason to avoid any type of physical activity, but since I read so many people saying they were advised bedrest/less activity and my bleeding seemed to increase with activity, I focused on trying to keep activity light until the bleeding had been gone for a while.

I've read many many stories that ended just fine, so I have confidence that ours will end well as well!

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm so scared and keep crying. I'm not sure where it's located. She told me last night but my mind went fuzzy when she said threatened abortion.

My sil had 5 cm big sch, she had to be on bedrest from 6 weeks till about 16 weeks, they told her the sch needs to heal otherwise it could cause mc in some cases. it went away and my little beautiful nephew was born in august this year. she did not even sit up during that time, she is lucky having lots of support around her.i hope you will be fine, they told you small sch so thats a good sign. x

I can't thank you enough for the positive stories. I hope all stays well with your little bean too! I still have bleeding today but mostly spotting here and there. I'm staying in bed all day. I'm waiting on my doctor to call me back.

I had a SCH last pregnancy found at 8 weeks and gone by 12. I also have one this time around too.. also found at 8 weeks. From what I understand its VERY common but dr's don't know much about them or why they happen. My dr this time around seems much less concerned about it than the dr I saw with my 2nd child (at my drs office you don't get an assigned dr, you can request a specific dr at each appointment but really you can see any dr in their practice and if you don't have a preference they choose for you and its different everytime and whoever is on call for your hospital of choice is the one who delivers baby..) anyway my dr last time around said all the same stuff.. pelvic rest (including no self pleasure) not to lift more than 10 lbs aside from my kid and ONLY when necessary and to drink lots of water. She also said that small SCHs are usually not a threat, just the bigger ones or the ones that stick around. I was told these things can either bleed themselves out (which is normal for MANY women hence the blood clots) or they can absorb themselves (which was the case with me last time and I am guessing this time too as I've not had any blood this time around except for one instance of VERY lightly tinged CM on one occasion). The signs to watch out for are heavy bleeding and cramping but really there's not much else you can do other than take it easy..

My dr this time said nothing about pelvic rest (though I knew from previous experience that I should be doing so) and wasn't even going to bother checking up on it.. I don't know how big my last one was but this one was about an inch so not exactly small but not a threatening size either. I told her I would feel more comfortable if we could check up on it in a few weeks so she suggested I opt for the NT scan at 12 weeks (this will be about 3 1/2 weeks from my last scan) and the tech will make sure to check on it for me.

I don't know if any of this helps.. but all was fine with my 2nd child.. no complications what so ever after the SCH cleared up (although I did have an anterior placenta but thats nothing concerning..) and went on to have a full term baby. I can't say much for this time around just yet but haven't noticed anything too concerning yet.. don't have my scan until the 17th though.

I hope all turns out well for you!

Thank you. My doctor's office called back and said the hemorrhage is 3 1/2cm. Didn't know where it's located bc it wasn't on the report and that they will see me next month at my regular appointment just add an u/s. I'm so scared.

I had a SCH with one of my boys my whole pregnancy...from start to finish. It sounds really scary but it's not too worrisome (usually). They get concerned when your SCH is larger than baby/sac. And they say they normally disappear into second trimester :thumbup: My OB was just monitoring it. I wasn't on any restrictions even though I was high risk. Try not to stress out too much :hugs: bleeding is always scary.

I currently have a Sch, diagnosed only after repeat trips to the ER. It's moderate in size, but no formal size given. I basically bleed daily, it's never been gushy though as I'm not overly active. Hang in there, it's not the end it's just annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->