Schedules--6 Months

AthenaPlusOne

Trying for Bean #2
Reaction score
What is (or was) your 6 month olds daily schedule? We're having a hard time with night time sleeping, and I'm wondering if he's getting too much sleep maybe? We've had more abs more instances of him waking up for hours at a time, when he used to just go right back ti sleep. He was going to bed at 8 and waking up at 530 pretty consistently, which is to early around here, so it was suggested to put him to bed an hour earlier. Now he goes to bed at 7 and wakes up at 430 (typically) instead. He will go back to sleep after awhile and wake back up between 7-8 usually. He then nurses, naps at 10-1230ish, nurses, naps 2-4ish, nurses, plays, we start bedtime routine at 615, he nurses at 630 and goes down for the night and he is out hard... until 430am.

What kind of schedules do you all do? I need some relief from 1-2hrs of being awake on the middle of the night, it's exhausting.

Does he actually wake in the middle of the nigth? Or are you refering to 4:30am?

It sounds to me that he's getting up at 4:30 and then treating the next patch of sleep as nap 1. Sophie did this for a long time starting about 5 months old. Sadly we just got up at 4:30am for a looong time. It's only recently that she's sleeping more at night and getting up later (5:45pm to 6:30am, she has dropped a nap and is tired early).

I think your baby is doing well to sleep that long and not wake. If it suits you to have them get up later, maybe return bedtime to a later hour? At 6 months Sophie had perhaps 10 hours asleep at night and 2 naps.

So your baby is having about 4.5 hours of naps right? And he's only got a 1.5 hour awake time before his afternoon nap? Could you limit that first nap a little and have 2 hours between it and the afternoon one? Does sound like he gets a lot of day sleep, so did Sophie at that age.

My almost 6 mo is as follows

8am- wakeup
10am-11am Nap
1am-3pm Nap
5pm-5.30pm-Nap
7pm- bedtime

He then has a bottle at 11pm and a bottle at 6am but usually as long as i keep lighting dim and calm, goes straight back to sleep each time. I never let him stay up longer than 2 hrs

How much naps does he have in the day?? I find LO sleeps so badly at night if he is late for just one nap or doesnt sleep long enough in his naps, i can put him to bed at 6pm, or 8pm and the night is usually the same, its the daytime sleeps that affect him!!

Hope he gets his sleep better soon!

Our schedule varies day to day but Alfie generally goes to bed at 6.30-7. After waking at 10 and 2ish to feed he will then sleep until either 6.30 or 8 depending whether I can ease him back to sleep after his 6.30am feed, or whether he is too awake and wants to get up for an hour and a half then have a nap! Between wake time and bed time he will normally have 3 naps, lasting between 30 mins and an hour. Unusually he might have a longer nap, of 1h 30ish. This usually happens first thing if he wakes at 6.30. He has never been a huge napper but seems to cope fine and sleep ok at night so I am happy :)

He sleeps 7-430am then does his 1-2 hr awake situation. The only time he doesn't do this is when he skips a nap during the day and is a miserable human being lol. Then he still wakes at 430, but goes backto sleep after.

As far as the afternoon nap, there is always 2 hrs between naps. So if he wakes up at 12 from his first nap, he goes down at 2 for the next, wakes up at 1230 he goes down at 230, etc.

I don't mind him waking up at 430, but I do need him to go back to sleep after eating! He used to sleep 8-7/730 without waking, and it was glorious, but now he hasn't done it in months and just seems like it's getting worse instead of better :(

It looks like 4.30am is "morning" for him and his next sleep is nap number 1. I'd put his bedtime back.

Looking in DS number 1's baby book at 6 months he went to bed at 8pm, slept till 2, ate, then slept till 8, ate. He napped 10.30-12, ate, then napped 2-4. ate, bath at 6.30 then ate 7-7.45 then bed.

I agree he's treating 4.30 as morning time so I would put bedtime back a bit then gradually bring it forward.

I know being up at that time isn't ideal but I'm sure it'll get better, I would love it if my daughter would sleep more than 3 hours at a time at night let alone 9!

My dd was waking up around same age at 430-5am for a bottle then going back down until 8am. Her bedtime was always 7pm. It was exhausting so I consulted our pediatrician about this and he said to just let her be and not go to her at 430am anymore and to eliminate that feed as it was totally un necessary ( she was 24 pounds at 6 months). She cried/ complained for a few nights and then bam! She never ever woke again. Slept 7pm-7am ever since. She's almost 27 months. It worked for us and I'm so glad we did it because it was just a bad habit.

DD devised her own schedule just before I was going to try and get her on one which works well for me for now.

Bedtime 11:30pm
Wake up around 11am
Short Nap around 1 am
Nap around 6pm
Occasional short nap around 8pm

Lately she is wanting to go to bed earlier, around 10pm which is good, hopefully in the next coming months she will go to sleep a little sooner in preparation for me going back to work next year.

100% baby led. They slept through the night from 6 and 7 weeks however the last week one baby has had bad wind during the night. They are not great nappers during the day .

Hi Athena!! How's things? Good to see Porter's doing well :D

Joel is on a three nap a day schedule:

Wake at 6.30ish
Nap 8.30 to 9am
Nap 11am to 12
Nap 3 to 4pm
Bedtime 7pm

He wakes every 2 hours at night at the moment, he used to sleep through but decided getting up is more fun. Not for me it ain't!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->