School offer :( UK

whatwillbex

Reaction score
Hi

We received our offer for dd's school placement for reception class in September and it was our 4th choice. You are told to put 5 choices but we put it down just because you had too. I feel really dissappointed in the chosen school as its stats are not great and only has one ofsted report from 2014 and is rated 2 out of 5 stars. Its just down the road which is great but I was happy to travel further to get her into a better school. I feel like ive let her down. Shes very bright and the school seems to be not meeting the basics of reading and writing.
Im worried she will get lost in the system. Its so tough. Everyone else seems to have got there first choice so are really happy and excited about them starting school.
Anyone else in the same position? X

Was that your catchment school? It's rare not to be sent to catchment. Have you visited the school?

If your not happy I would definitely appeal and try and get into one of your top 3 schools.

Like PP said check all the admissions policies for each school and check you meet them and in the catchment area.

I only put one school down for DD for fear that they might just allocate her a place elsewhere cause I wrote it down.

Did you get the booklet with schools that still have places?. I'd definitely be making enquiries on Monday . Good luck and I hope you find somewhere your happy with x

Have you been to visit the school at all? Met the teachers etc?

The School my two go to aren't rated that good on Ofsted however, I am happy with the School.

Joshua is exceptionally bright (he's on the Gifted List) & the school recognise this and have pushed him to excel. He took his Sats last year (Yr 2) and achieved 'At Greater Depth' across all subjects (I believe only 10-15% achieved this in the whole country?).

Jacob, I would describe as strong willed, bright but can't be arsed. His Teacher has tried various things to keep him involved and progress. He is above where he should be (despite not liking school & not being motivated!). In my experience, Ofsted does not necessarily mean a bad school. One of the reasons the school got downgraded because they did not offer out of school activities.

ETA: They were also downgraded on attainment for core subjects. I will point out (I know it will be controversial) but a lot of the intake are from 'benefit' families. It's quite obvious which families actually give a shit & which don't just from being on the playground (same parents being late every day despite living 5 mins walk away, not adhering to school uniform etc) (Obviously not saying all families on benefits fit in that category but there's a quite a lot in the town where I live)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->