Sciatic nerve pain relief

AsheBro

Ethan and bumps mommy
Reaction score
Ever since about 23-24 weeks I've been having really terrible lower back and hip pain, I realized it's Sciatic Nerve Pain and I'm now almost 30 weeks and laying down or sitting for a while ends up making it so bad. Trying to move or get up I get shooting pain right around my butt near my pelvis and its gotten to the point where it takes me 5-10 minutes to get up because I'm stopping and trying to reposition myself to keep from having that shooting pain. Earlier I just had to power through it because no matter what way I tried to get up, no position, no angle was helping. It does feel better once I get up and get going but I also have pretty low blood pressure and standing for too long makes me a bit dizzy. I bought an excersize ball and have been sitting on it, but Idk if its helping or if I need to do actual stretches using it. I've got about 10 weeks left and I just don't know how to get through this pain. It's killing me. Any help or things to try would be greatly appreciated <3

I have SPD and the pain sounds fairly similar so maybe some of my spd tricks might help:

-wear a belly band - it's steel boned in the back and wraps snuggly around my hips and has a wrap that goes around my underbust as well. It makes moving mUCH less painful.
-always keep your knee touching - when you get out of a car, or roll over, or sit, etc, try to always keep your knees together. I have no idea how but this helps keep the very bad shooting pains away
-go slow!- it takes me forever to get off the couch, and the first few steps after i ma standing hurt and I walk like a dinosaur lol, but it helps to listen to your body and go slowly
-epsom salt bath - pour 2 cups of epson salt into a bath and sit in there for at least 20 minutes. As long as it's not very hot water (if your skin is turning red then it's too hot!) then you'll be ok

I hope some of these might be helpful to you <3

Thank you so much! I've actually looked into getting a belly band, I found some pregnancy yoga exercises to do with my ball and they do help a little bit, I've noticed that if I don't do them that day the pain is so much worse but its very mild when I do do them. I'll definitely try these as well <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->