Sciatic Pain Around Ovulation?

Isme

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced sciatic-type pain during (or shortly before) ovulation? I tend to have painful ovulation anyway. I get a persistent ache for about 24-36 hours in whichever side is preparing to drop an egg (or so I assume) and sometimes the pain can be pretty intense... But this month it is different. The pain started with the normal ache in the lower right side of my back (that seems to be the dominant egg-popper judging from the pains) but it quickly progressed into an ache that ran down my hip, thigh, and even into my calf. It isn't the sharp stabbing pain I experienced with my sciatic nerve during pregnancy... But the location seems similar.

I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone else has had this as a normal part of their ovulation routine? Or if anyone has had this and had it NOT be a normal variation of healthy fertility signs. I didn't come up with much during my internet searches into the subject, but I did stumble across some mentions of endometriosis causing these types of pains. I'd like to think that isn't what it is, but I tend to worry about things like that because it runs in my family. My mom, both of her sisters, and my grandmother all ended up with hysterectomies before the age of 40.

If this *is* something completely normal, and not to be concerned about, then how would you handle the pain? I'm trying to avoid taking anti-inflammatory medications because I read that they can problems with ovulation. I was MISERABLE last night, though, and I ended up using a heating pad. The heating pad did offer some relief, but I had to keep it on for 6-8 hours while I slept. Any time I woke up and tried to move it, the pain would return. At this point I'm not sure if cooking my ovary-area over night was any better than taking an ibuprofen... I just couldn't ignore the pain. :(

I don't really get sciatica pain down my leg, but I do get random pains in my tailbone. It is the weirdest thing! So I think anything is possible around ovulation time. I think if you need to take tylenol that would be fine. I try to not take ibruprophen.

I'm having this today but it's the sharp shooting pain from my lower back down my right leg like I had with pregnancy, feels like a trapped nerve. I've had ovulation pains the past couple of days but today they have been worse like my right ovary is going to burst! That along with the sciatic pain makes me believe it's due to ovulation. Also I do have endometriosis too but never thought it might be connected!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->